Need help reducing STB count by 1...

Allin4greeN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Lancaster County
Greetings, it's been awhile since I last posted and my set-up has changed significantly since the one listed in my signature. I'm also fairly out of touch with current equipment and hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this... I'd like to remove a 211k from my current 4-room/3-receiver (2 211k's and 1 722k) set-up. In place of the 211k I remove, I'd like to backfeed TV2 from my 722k. Hey, saving $6 is still saving $6, you know what I mean?!

I moved into a new house and on the day I had my install, I also had other moving activities going on so, I'm not entirely up to speed on what my new equipment consists of but, I did some quick research and here's what I can piece together...

I have a D1000.4 (DPP44?) pointed at 77, 72 and 61.5 (Western Arc or Eastern?). I have a 1st floor 722k set in dual mode with TV2 feeding my 2nd floor bedroom TV, an OTA module (indoor antenna, not outdoor) and triplexer feeding into the box. I also have a basement and 2nd floor 211k. It looks like I have a Holland DPD2 Diplexer on the exterior of the house, which I'm guessing is combining the sat in and home distribution out?

As I mentioned, I want to remove the 2nd floor 211k and replace it with backfeed of TV2 from the 722k. Do I add a splitter to the diplexer home distribution out to get signal to that TV? Other? Does everything need to be powered down in order to disconnect/reconnect RG6 runs? Assistance is greatly appreciated!

Add a splitter at the UHF/VHF side of the Diplexer that is outside___disconnect the cable from the dish that is feeding your 211 and connect that cable to the splitter ..disconnect the sat in cable at the 211 and connect to tv. Run channel scan on tv. BTW unplug the 211 first. You are on the Eastern arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)