Need help tech info

fordman86

Original poster
Mar 1, 2010
Iowa
Ok here is my story I have had a dish 500 along with a 510 and a 322G recievers running fine. But wanted to add a 625along with the other two. I bought a used dp34 switch and hooked everything up one line to the 510 two to the 625 and one to the 322 Wanted single mode but think was in dual. Anyway worked most the time then starting getting a big red error on the screen and lost signal. Signal is around 70-75. So upon looking at the lnb found one side was cracked on the protective cover. So ordered a new quad lnb but having trouble. My question is how do I wire this setup? Do I need one line to the 510 and two lines coming in to the 625 and 1 to the 322g in single mode? Will each line run a dual reciever or on a quad each line only handles one?

Do some research on DishProPlus. The DP34 switch ain't gonna cut it for ya, sry. Neither is the quad lnb. Using DishPro only, you would need 5 feeds to receivers.

The 625 and 322 use DPP technology which allows one cable to feed both sat. inputs in conjunction with a DPP separator and either DPP lnb or switch.

Best bet is to get a 1000.x dish which has a DPP43 switch built-in.

Options are to get an additional DP34 so you can do the 5 feeds or use either a DPP33 or DPP44 instead. IIRC, a DPP33 can be used behind a DP34 as well.

This probably isn't all the options but the key is that DPP by definition allows dual-tuner boxes to use one cable and you need 3 parts to make DPP, namely DPP receiver, DPP Separator, and DPP switch or lnb. If one part of the 3 is DP only, then 2 cables will be required to each dual-tuner box.

Ah, remembered what you can do. Since you have the quad, I beleive you could use ports 1 and 2 to feed the DP34, and ports 3 and 4 right off the LNB, giving you 6 DP feeds.

So, disregard much of my previous post.;) I'll leave it up tho for those like me who tend to think in terms of HD.:)

does the 322 have a single mode?
Well, yes, but it would be unhappy with only one sat. input connected. Like I said above you are golden with the quad and DP34, just do not use any DPP separator, but rather two feeds from quad lnb or DP34 switch to the dual-tuner boxes. I was gonna do this setup once upon a time when I thought it was cool to have lots of dishes and switches. lol

well I know it doesn't do PIP but only need it for one tv do I just connect one input or is there something in settings.

well I know it doesn't do PIP but only need it for one tv do I just connect one input or is there something in settings.

Right, it doesn't have single mode, my bad again but I got rid of mine the moment I heard of the fee increase! No, it cannot be set to use only one tuner.

So in order to make everything work I need to put 1&2 from lnb to the dp34 then can I run just one new line in and take one off the dp34 and the new line and go to the 322. Is the 322 my trouble why I am getting errors on the other tv's? where I have both lines going to switch and one to 510 two to the 625 and only one going to the 322 where I really need two?

Or can I resell the lnb and buy another dp34?

Keep the quad. Connect ports 1 & 2 to the DP34. Use two feeds from DP34 to connect 322. Do a switch test. Do it again. All should be well. If not, do another switch test. All should be well.

Next, connect the 510. Use either port 3 on the quad or use a feed from DP34, your choice. Do a switch test on the 510. Do another. All should be well.

Now depending on where you connected the 510, you should have two available feeds on the DP34 or ports 3 & 4 available on the quad to feed the 625.

so do you think running the 510 625 and only a single line to the 322 was causing all my headache
Yep. The 322 is a dual tuner receiver and it will never be happy when one tuner is disconnected. I ran a 625 like that very briefly and it drove me crazy. I eventually bought a DPP33 and (as DishVIP mentioned above) cascaded it off my DP34 and that works great. Note that, IF you do that, THEN you will need to keep at least one port of the DP34 connected or else the feedthrough ports will go dark.

so that would effect all the others?

Who knew :confused:
I didn't understand that you were seeing problems on the other receivers besides the 322. Perhaps a recapitulation of the error messages is in order? It's possible that you got a bad DP34.

Two lines off the lnb into switch

Line one to 510
line 2&3 to 625
Line 4 to 322

Everything worked but would get a big red ERROR saying lost signal didn't see the number but would get it on the 510 and the 625 various times. I understand now why the 322 was the worse one. But the 510 and 625 shouldn't have been affected. Signal stays around 70 on the dish meter. Would the switch be bad did buy on ebay used.

I have my old dual lnb back on. Also have the switch hooked back up and running the 510 and 625 to see if I have any trouble. One line to 510 and 2 to 625 no 322 hooked up. How can you tell the switch is bad recievers still se it.

I have my old dual lnb back on. Also have the switch hooked back up and running the 510 and 625 to see if I have any trouble. One line to 510 and 2 to 625 no 322 hooked up. How can you tell the switch is bad recievers still se it.

You mean twin lnb. ;) Sorry you didn't take my advice. you'll have better luck adding receivers one at a time and doing numerous switch checks. That is because you have two switches in the system and it may take a few times to get all the registers updated. When you use brand new lnbs and switches its not a problem, but with used it can be. Not likely the DP34 is bad, just confused a little.

I am just getting ideas from you all to try. See the 322 is just on a basement tv so not improtant but do want it hooked up. So all your help is mush appreated very much. yes I ment twin lnb don't know all the terms. Try to do stuff when everyone is off to work and at school but when it doesn't work don't want to leave it. Want wife and son to be happy when they want to watch tv.

I plan on putting quad back up today and run my setup for a while being through the switch with 510 and 625 running no 322. also it is 5* outside and all my dish wires are ran under my siding so need to figure how to get at least on wire into the house no extra hole so will have to make a new one.

well got quad lnb back installed and left dp34 switch with only the 625 and 510 installed so far. Going to test this way and see if I get the error message. If I do will see if there is a number code on it.