need help: UHF PRO remotes, modes and capabilities?

lutton

Jul 17, 2006
I've read some conversation about the UHF PRO remote 'keys' about which I never knew.

I have a 6.3 which came with the 622 and 6.0 which came with the 625.

The 6.3 has a blue '2' / black UHF key and the 6.0 has a blue '2' / green '1' key.

What's the difference, and what are all the modes of that switch?

There are 2 available keys for the UHF Pro remotes. A blue 2 and a green 1. The only difference between the two, is pretty simple. The #2s are meant to be used in the TV 2 locations and the #1s are meant to be used where the receiver is located. There is a green #1 UHF key that can be installed in a #2 remote that will make the receiver get UHF signals for both locations. This is really only useful in situations where a home is pre-wired and the receiver is placed in an oddball locations such as a closet or basement due to wiring restrictions. But since you have a 622 this would be pointless since you need the receiver to be next to the TV to get the HD signal from the receiver to the TV. In which case the green #1 key for a UHF remote in not necessary.

If you're in dual mode and you want to watch TV1 on a remote TV (remember, the 622 sends both over coax on different channels) then the green UHF pro #1 key comes in handy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts