Need help: Wally & King Tailgater won't cooperate!

I still prefer the Winegard pop up 1000.x dish. That thing is magnificent.

You're talking about the Traveler, which is just a real DISH dish mounted on the roof with automatic setup. It is not a portable and does not replace a portable. The Traveler is great if you are parked out in the open. Many people with Travelers also have portables that they use when parked in areas with trees and other obstructions.

The one I have seen is quite portable. Single cable run to it, similar to the tailgater, but is a full pop out dish. People throw it out on their tripod and work beautifully.

The one I have seen is quite portable. Single cable run to it, similar to the tailgater, but is a full pop out dish. People throw it out on their tripod and work beautifully.

Really? I've never seen one like that and I've lived in RV parks and campgrounds for over 8 years now. I'd be interested in something like that if you could provide a link. Thanks.

Really? I've never seen one like that and I've lived in RV parks and campgrounds for over 8 years now. I'd be interested in something like that if you could provide a link. Thanks.

I thinkk he is talking about something like this http://www.winegard.com/tripodkits/tripod-kits-tech-specs

Much different than a Traveler as it has to be manually aimed. Basically just a standard dish on a tripod that is fairly common in RV parks. Most people who want a Traveler want it so they don't have to manually aim the dish.

No, it's an auto dish and may be the traveler but on a tripod. I haven't dealt with any of them since working the RV department which went defunct in 2012-13, so not sure how much help I could be providing a link. I don't RV or tailgate so I haven't looked into any in years. But for obvious reasons, that was my ideal situation

No, it's an auto dish and may be the traveler but on a tripod. I haven't dealt with any of them since working the RV department which went defunct in 2012-13, so not sure how much help I could be providing a link. I don't RV or tailgate so I haven't looked into any in years. But for obvious reasons, that was my ideal situation

Chad, I've heard of people mounting a Traveler on a tripod but it's not common at all and is strictly a custom installation. I've never seen one. The Traveler also requires a control cable, so your earlier post about it being a single cable similar to a Tailgater (which is just a standard coax) would not apply.

Just go here and show us which antenna you're referring to. http://www.winegard.com/mobile?q=mobile

I'm thinking of the old Carryout which has the optional tripod mount and was a single cable system.... but that did need a power cable in addition to the coax.

Just an update.... I just hooked up my new Wally receiver to my old Tailgater (gen 1) antenna. The receiver recognized that I was connected to a mobile antenna and did all of the setup and installation with out being connected to the internet or my home dish. It appears that dish has worked out the need for the Wally to be connected first to your primary dish.

Reactions: Tampa8
Just an update.... I just hooked up my new Wally receiver to my old Tailgater (gen 1) antenna. The receiver recognized that I was connected to a mobile antenna and did all of the setup and installation with out being connected to the internet or my home dish. It appears that dish has worked out the need for the Wally to be connected first to your primary dish.

Thanks for the update!

Satellite Steve Here, I am a Authorized Dish Network and Directv Retailler Also a satellite tech since 1986. I have been installing in RVs for the past 10 years. My preferred dish for rv s 1 tv- Playmaker, 2 tvs- Pathway x 2, dvr- Travler. Yes 1st time set up can be difficult you have to really know what your doing for it to go smoothly. One of the hardest parts is dealing with dish or directv. The guy that started this thread would of saved a lot of aggravation if he had of found a guy like me that knows both dish/directv and rv systems setups. Look for your local dish or directv dealer

Wish I had seen this thread a couple days ago. I had a miserable time activating Wally with my Tailgater. I was upgrading from 211 and on the phone with Dish two hours till he referred me to King. Next morning king verified I was getting three sats (I am currently upstate NY but still caught 129) and sent me back to Dish. He finally had me clear matrix by running test with no cable. (this was mentioned earlier in this thread). Reconnected cable and that did the trick and it went all the way with guide downloaded.

I’m having trouble with my brand new Wally receiver and a brand new play maker. I use mine strictly for tailgating and I previously used directv with a g2. I actually made it through the process of setting up the Wally with a g2 and got to the step of activating the receiver and a prong broke off the power supply. I ordered the part but in the meantime bought a playmaker and it has been a pain. I am picking up 110, 119 and 129 but it will not acquire a signal. Do I need to hook it up at someone’s home first? Or do I need to clear the configuration and try again? Right now I’m thinking I just need to fix my G2 and go with it. Thought? Suggestions? Also of not, the dish tech support guy told me that the playmaker is not recommended east of the Mississippi River because of the arc...

I’m having trouble with my brand new Wally receiver and a brand new play maker. I use mine strictly for tailgating and I previously used directv with a g2. I actually made it through the process of setting up the Wally with a g2 and got to the step of activating the receiver and a prong broke off the power supply. I ordered the part but in the meantime bought a playmaker and it has been a pain. I am picking up 110, 119 and 129 but it will not acquire a signal. Do I need to hook it up at someone’s home first? Or do I need to clear the configuration and try again? Right now I’m thinking I just need to fix my G2 and go with it. Thought? Suggestions? Also of not, the dish tech support guy told me that the playmaker is not recommended east of the Mississippi River because of the arc...
I doubt that last line is valid. I helped a guy hook up a Wally and a new Tailgater last week. I don't know much about the play makers but I assume they work the same way. Have you tried to run a check switch manually? Menu/Home - Settings - Diagnostics - Dish - Test. see if a new check switch helps it acquire signal. Also, Wallys are odd. Sometimes when they stick on the Acquiring Signal screen, it;s because the guide is downloading in the background

I doubt that last line is valid. I helped a guy hook up a Wally and a new Tailgater last week. I don't know much about the play makers but I assume they work the same way. Have you tried to run a check switch manually? Menu/Home - Settings - Diagnostics - Dish - Test. see if a new check switch helps it acquire signal. Also, Wallys are odd. Sometimes when they stick on the Acquiring Signal screen, it;s because the guide is downloading in the background
Yep, I did it that way. And it was stuck aquiring a signal for about 6 hours. Would it have taken that long?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)