Need help with 20LNBR1-03 Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

snake208

Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
WI
I moved to a new resident and my landlord wants to charge me $350 to install a dish to my complex. I wasnt gonna dish out $350 for just installing a dish when i know direct TV does it for a lot cheaper. My landlord refused for Direct TV to install it and i have to use the landlord's service, which is BS!

So i went and bought a DIRECTV 18X20 INCH / 3 LNB MULTI-SATELLITE DISH / PHASE 3 LNB and i have a HR24-100 receiver.

I know i dont have a slimline dish to get the HD channels, but im okay with that.

I need help installing the Phase 3 LNB 20LNBR1-03. It has 4 connections on the bottom, how would i connect it to my current box?

Do i need to to use all of the four connectors? Or each connector is for different receivers?

Thanks.

If you have a HR24 you need 2 lines form the LNB to the receiver. You can use any of the 4 outputs but you need to use 2

IN the receiver setup (go into redo sat setup) you would select I think its 3rd option (18x20" 3 LNB) and "multiswitch" for the receiver to configure it properly

If you are very good at aiming the satellite - or very patient, you can get 80-85 range on the HD satellites by using a slimline LNB on the phase 3 18x20 dish. You would need to change the LNB.

Still would need two lines to the dish unless you went with a SWM LNB, then only one line.

Last tip - if you stay with the 18x20 SD dish - do NOT use BBC's at the HR24 receiver.

If you are very good at aiming the satellite - or very patient, you can get 80-85 range on the HD satellites by using a slimline LNB on the phase 3 18x20 dish. You would need to change the LNB.

Still would need two lines to the dish unless you went with a SWM LNB, then only one line.

Last tip - if you stay with the 18x20 SD dish - do NOT use BBC's at the HR24 receiver.

Sorry for being a noob at this stuff, but whats a BBC?

Bbc is a b band converter. Like he said don't install it. If you don't know what it is you prob don't have one.
The hr24 has it built in.

OSD771 said:
Bbc is a b band converter. Like he said don't install it. If you don't know what it is you prob don't have one.
The hr24 has it built in.

The HR24 does NOT have it built in. The 23 series sorta does. It can read a wide signal so it's easier to say they're built in

Thanks for all the help! I got it working! =)

Just wondering, what is considered optimal signal strength? 80%+? Is it possible to get 95%+?

Mines currently at 85%.

snake208 said:
Thanks for all the help! I got it working! =)

Just wondering, what is considered optimal signal strength? 80%+? Is it possible to get 95%+?

Mines currently at 85%.

What signal? The 101 should most all be in the upper 90's

Now mines at 95%+. Thanks guys! Awesome forum. I could learn a lot from this site.

Keep up the awesome work guys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)