Need Help with 811 hdtv Locals and a 5504 Replaytv

cobalt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 19, 2004
Hi all,
Just got a replaytv 5504 and have it hooked up to my 811. After a few hours the replay is working almost perfect but, I cant find where my over the air HD channels are listed in replays guide. The Locals I get through dish are listed. I know the replay remaps any channel with 4 digits to a new address but I cant find any of my local ota hd programs. Any Ideas. Thanks.

My hdtv locals are downrezed by the 811 but still look much better than dishes local feeds... The colors are more vibrant and watching a football game in widescreen is the only way to go.

cobalt said:
My hdtv locals are downrezed by the 811 but still look much better than dishes local feeds... The colors are more vibrant and watching a football game in widescreen is the only way to go.

If I recall, the OTA channels have have a dash in them 07-00. This might be the issue.

Down rezzed ----- Down resolution --- The 811 sends a 1080i , and a 480i signal at the same time. It allows you to view hd programing on a now hd device (the replaytv).

Ah - you mean that the box will convert HD content to be sent out as SD. That's fine, and technically correct, but the term "downrezzing" itself is a scary one because of some of the copy protection issues currently under discussion in Washington and elsewhere.

My locals appear in my ReplayTV's guide (San Diego area). It was just a matter of telling the 811 to tune to "off air" instead of the DISH locals when a two-digit+enter key is pressed on the remote or sent as an command from the Replay. Edit: I guess I also need to add that all of my digital locals, except for one which will be fixed next week according to the station manager, map to their analog station number.

Thanks for all of the info. I got rid of the dish locals in my guide and the 811 remaped my hd locals to the right place. Thanks again. I'm about to put a 160gig drive in the replaytv. Keep your fingers crossed. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)