Need Help with a dish install.

Buzzdar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
USA
I live in southern illinois and recently the storms here tore down a family members dishnetwork dishes. They had two dishes installed but i cant figure why they had two dishes hooked up because i live in the same town and i just have a dish 500 and i have all the channels that they want on my 500 do they really need that second dish. when theres was first installed they were told they needed the second dish just for one local channel. but i dont need that second dish just my dish 500. and we both live in the same town. but when i looked at there setup on there dishboxes it said they had a dish 1000. I guess my question is since dish keeps putting off there reinstall date and they need tv i was gonna go try to get it hooked back up for they will i be able to just install one dish and get them every thing that they need??

do they have HD? I am across the river from ya in Missouri, and in this area we use a second dish for 2 local channels... How long have they had the setup? to just get them some tv for now, yeah, all you need to do is line up the 500 and they will have most, if not all, of their channels

I had 2 Dish 500s too.
The first one got 119 & 110. I was watching my "new" set up and one or two of the channels said I needed another dish to get that channel which "Dish Network would be happy to provide free". So I called them up and they sent out a guy with a second Dish 500 that he pointed way over to the west (way over). He connected them with a SW21. Turned out those two channels were just local garbage "must carry" channels and I didn't watch them anyway

They had theirs setup for almost a year and a half or so and i just had mine installed since late part of last year i get everything including locals off my just one dish 500 which is what they want now they have most channels but locals well i get them off a 500 and that is what they have and no go? Both of us in the same town?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)