Need help with activation

ilfoman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
North
I have a Sirius SIR-GM1 radio hard wired to my Monsoon stereo in my Pontiac Grand Prix.
It was activated and used for 2 years on Sirius Canada. I have moved to the US and now want to activate the radio on SiriusXM US.
I have paid a one year subscription and tried to activate on-line, but without success. I spent almost 45 minutes with a CSR and a Tech rep in the US, and multiple activation hits did not work. I also called Sirius Canada, and they told me the radio had been de-activated on their system and should work in the US.:confused:
The problem seems to be that the radio will not go to channel 184, which is required for activation. It will only go to channel 255 and the ID number comes up.
I have tried unplugging the unit from the power, but it still returns to channel 255. I was told by both the US and Canadian CSR's that it should work.
Can anybody help please?

Still waiting for someone from SiriusXM to jump in and help. Otherwise I need to cancel my sub.

Well, no one from Sirius jumped in to help, so I cancelled my account. Now we'll see how long it takes them to re-imburse my CC.
It is obvious that this forum is not being monitored by Sirius, as stated.
Sirius should get some tips from the excellent CSR's on the DIRT team at Dish!
Ah, well, back to CD's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts