Need Help with Cabling

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigmixx

Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Dacula, GA
Anyone know where I can find something like this at a local store (Bestbuy, Circuity City, etc.) I'm looking to setup my OTA this weekend and I don't want to drill a hole to get the cable inside the house. I also don't really want to order it as I don't want to wait on it. Thanks!

180-206m.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't seen too many retail. You might want to try a electronic wholesale or install company if you have one around. Maybe even a Lowes or Home Depot. Heck by the time you call all around or drive all around looking you could have just rush ordered one.

BUT if you do find one local, DO NOT get the one in your photo that has the external crimped ends; in my experience they have a very high failure rate.

See if you can find one like this with mechanically sealed ends:

http://www.starlink-dss.com/FlatCable.htm

Attachments

• FC300LX.jpg
    FC300LX.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 132
Cool. Thanks for the info. I'm guessing flat coaxial cable will do the job as well. Do you know if it can be found locally?

Being somewhat close to the Altlana area (looking at your location) you would think it could be found.

LOL, at first I thought it said Dracula, GA - had to do the double take.

charper1 said:
Being somewhat close to the Altlana area (looking at your location) you would think it could be found.

LOL, at first I thought it said Dracula, GA - had to do the double take.

LOL, yeah, a lot of people say that. I'm about 35 miles north of Atlanta, hence the reason I need to run cable for my OTA. I'm able to pick up all the channells with some indoor amplified antenna but the signal just isn't strong enough. I'm going with a CM4228.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts