need help with diplexer

icyfire

Original poster
May 30, 2008
Hi, i have the following setup:

Whenever I plug TV1 or TV2 thru the DC pass side of the diplexer, it doesn't work. Only the UHF/VHF side works. Does anyone know why? Thanks.

Diplexers are used to combine satellite signals and CATV/UHF/VHF signals. You'll need a regular splitter for what you're trying to do, not a diplexer.

"Whenever I plug TV1 or TV2 thru the DC pass side of the diplexer, it doesn't work. Only the UHF/VHF side works."

That's the way it's supossed to be. The SAT side will pass thru 950 to 2300 MHz, the CATV/UHF/VHF side will pass thru 5 to 880 MHz. TV1 and TV2 signals are in the 5 to 880 MHz range.

i see, but the problem is that I have only 1 cable which was why I wanted to use the diplexer. So if I use 2 splitters (like the 2 diplexers) should that work?

I see what you're trying to do. Combine TV1 and TV2 with a regular spliter. Take the output of that splitter and send it to the diplexer (CATV/UHF/VHF) side. At the other end use another diplexer and take the output of the CATV/UHF/VHF side to another splitter if you want to send it to two TVs.

TV1 + TV2 to splitter ==> diplexer ==> diplexer ==> splitter ==> TV1 and/or TV2.

ok, i used only 2 splitters only (one on each side) and it works beautifully. Thanks a lot for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts