Need help with DISH HDTV equipment/package

Sportsfan101

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2005
Since I'm near Denver, I am psyched to be able to receive (some) locals in high-def. I need help to know what to do.

I currently lease 2 811s and 1 625. I have America's Everything Package. I also have only 1 dish.

A Dish CSR told me that I could upgrade to a dual-tuner MPEG 4 HDTV receiver for $299 plus rental fee. She also told me I wouldn't need a new dish (seems screwy--I'm not sure where my current dish location is, but I think it's either 110 or 119).

Anyway, is this a good deal? Can I get a better deal elsewhere?

The CSR also mentioned a 18-month committment. Is this fairly standard?

Thanks for the help. As you can tell, I'm pretty confused.

You need to be able to see 110, 119 and either 61.5 or 129 to get all of the HD programming (Voom is at 61.5 and 129). If you have a dish 1000 the csr is correct. (1000 looks at 110, 119 and 129) If not then you will need a dish 1000 OR a second dish pointed at either 61.5 or 129

If you look at the check switch screen in the installation menu of one of your 811's, it will tell you which satellite(s) you currently have.
The Denver local HD's are on satellite 129°, so 61.5° does you no good as mentioned in the previous post. If all you currently subscribe to is the AEP, and do not have either the Voom HD package or Dish HD package, you probably do not have a dish pointed at 129°, and would need your dish replaced.
You would also need either a VIP211 (equivalent to the 811) or the VIP622 DVR the CSR spoke of in order to receive your local HD channels, which are MPEG4.
The equivalent of the AEP is the PlatinumHD package, which will include everything you now have, with the addition of 15 Voom HD channels (10 on your other 811), and 7 Dish HD channels (5 on your other 811), and your local HD channels, providing you subscribe to locals. You will only be able to view your HD locals on one of the new VIP MPEG4 receivers.
You can upgrade to a VIP211, including the new dish and all installation for $49.00. If you want the VIP622 (HD DVR) the cost will be $299.00.

All DISH Network Solutions Include:
. Leased ViP Series Receiver

. State-of-the-Art Dish Antenna
(if applicable)
Upgrade Offer:
Lease ViP 211 Receiver
Lease Upgrade Fee: $49
Standard Professional Installation Includes Dish Antenna (if applicable)

Upgrade Offer:
Lease ViP 622 Receiver
Lease Upgrade Fee: $299.99
Available to New & Existing Customers:
Total Upgrade Price $299.99
(includes Standard Professional Installation and Dish Antenna (if applicalble))

Upgrade Offer:

Elligible Customers: Currently have a DISH 811 or 6000 Receiver
Upgrade Offer: Lease ViP211 HD Receiver
Lease Upgrade Fee: $49
& Standard Professional Installl
Total Upgrade Price: $49
* If Swapping, requires return of existing receiver

ViP Rebate Offer
. Swap Your Existing Receiver for a ViP Series HD/DVR for Just $99.99
($200 Rebate Off Our Current Price of $299.99)
. Rebate Offer Begins On April 1, 2006

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)