Need help with eastern arc

whitty

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Kentucky
Trying to help friend align his dish, a 1000.2 and we can get 61.5 signal but we cannot get the 72 sat. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. By the way, 61.5 is coming through the lnb on the right if you are standing behind the dish. It is the one that's for 61.5 and 72. One other question, do we need an external switch or is the switch built in? Thanks in advance.

Built in. So the LNB is a 1000.2EA lnb, not the WA? And when pointing, where are you getting your angles from? Dishpointer?

Yes, we got them from dishpointer. 61.5 comes in great, but we can't get 72. It's probably just something we aren't doing right. Any suggestions?

I'll try here in a little while. I thought we might just not have lined up correctly, but I didn't know.

It could be a bad LNB, it could be a mispoint. Different answers, and here in a bit, you'll see more folks, technicians even, come with some good answers also.

Just make sure you are using dishpointer.com. I beleive you want to select 1000.4EA for that site, as there is no option for 1000.2EA. And when lining the angles up, you want to be doing it from behind the dish looking through the dish. For elevation, are you using measuring from the bolt?

Out west we never see an EA dish. But My installer friend gave me one a couple weeks ago and I put it up yesterday. The built in switch resulted in LNB1 = 72.7W Nimiq 5 LNB2= 61.5W Echo 16 and LNB3 = 77.0W QuetzSat 1. You may have some confusion in the way the LNBs are setup to the switch.

Little late posting tonight, we took the suggestions and covered the 61.5 lnb,a small adjustment and raised the elevation just a hair and the 72 sat came right in. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)