Need help with HD locals

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
Every once in a while (once or twice a week) my HD locals go off and I get a black screen. It happens only at night (1-3am) and for about 15 minutes. When I call, I get the standard message that there is an outage in my area. After talking to a Tech rep, I was told by one that a tech needed to come out to the house and check my equipment. Wanted me to take the service plan, etc. Just curious if anyone else has a similar problem. I receive my locals from the 77 degree sat. I think transponder 8. When I check the signal strength, it reads 52, green bar. Ran a check switch and all that good stuff. Reset receiver and all that, too. Thanks. :eek:

U should take loose all ur connectors and make silure that there are no braids wrapped around the copper and the white dielectric is flush with the print inside the connector

I guess the dishwhiz isnt a "whiz" after all. I guess you didnt read the post above yours :rolleyes:

Just on Dish. I checked using my antenna and those channels were working ok

If they were doing service he probably wouldnt be getting them OTA either. Most Dish markets the locals are harvested OTA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)