Need help with installing switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

abstractls

Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
I have the slimline 5 Dish form DirectTV (Atleast it says so in my setup on the HD receiver).

Right now I have an HD DVR and a Standard DVR. My house is prewired for CAT5 , Dual RG6, etc in every room and it all goes to one central box, so everything is accessible). When it was installed the installer ran two of the 4 lines from the dish to the HD reciever and 2 to the standard, as this is all I thought I would need. I am now adding a 3rd receiver in another room. It will be standard definition. Can I just install a basic multi switch on the 2 lines going to the standard DVR and run that and the new standard DVR on that, while leaving the 2 going to the HD DVR alone. Also is there any issue with just running one cable to the new DVR, I know I wont get dual tuner that way in that room, but is it needed?

If you only receive channels on the 101 deg. satellite, that should work, but if you have locals or other programming from 119, it will not. A WB68 multiplexer would be needed in that case.

You could run a single cable to a DVR and it should recognize that during the setup.

For future upgrades, I'd install a WB68 multiswitch to all four lines from the dish and then distribute from there.

There's no issue with only running one tuner. Just re-run guided setup to select single tuner and connect the line to tuner 1.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)