Need help with my HR24-100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JUCJ85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
NY
I just got the new HR24-100 HD DVR installed about a week and a half ago, but I realize it only records 1 show at a time, not 2.

The guy didn't do an extra wire, so it that the problem.

I have a HR44 and whole home dvr service. Not sure what the problem is.

I just got the new HR24-100 HD DVR installed about a week and a half ago, but I realize it only records 1 show at a time, not 2.

The guy didn't do an extra wire, so it that the problem.

I have a HR44 and whole home dvr service. Not sure what the problem is.
You only need one coax connection if your using the HR44 with it, you should have a splitter somewhere and the HR24 goes to it.

If you go into the settings you should see that the set up is running on a SWM set up, thus the single line to the back, but the unit has to be connected to the splitter and theres also a Power Inserter in line somewhere.

How many receivers do you have, what types? If you had a Genie and another DVR (or two regular receivers) they should have installed a SWM16 as you would need 9 tuners. I've read many times where a tech setup a new HD-DVR as a single tuner rather than installing the correct equipment.

If that is not the issue, then you likely just need to redo the "satellite setup" in the settings menu and ensure it is set for "dual tuner" and not single.

I have the HR44, 2 HR24s, and Mini Genie Client.

Something seemed wrong, he took the extra cable with him, that had connected the HD receiver to the Whole Home DVR.

I have the HR44, 2 HR24s, and Mini Genie Client.

Something seemed wrong, he took the extra cable with him, that had connected the HD receiver to the Whole Home DVR.
That's 9 Tuners.

Did the installer switch to SWiM-16?

You should now have 4-wires coming from your dish to a SWiM-16? If you still have a single wire coming from the dish, you have an incorrect install.

Other cause, could be all your Turners are one one leg of a SWiM-16. Each leg can only support 8 Tuners. It would probably be best if you have the HR44 & Mini on one leg and the two HR24 on the other leg.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that's it Drucifer. The installer didn't want to go to the trouble of installng a swm16, so he just set the dvr to single tuner. JUCJ85, how many cables come from your dish?

I think I have the wrong SWM, they are sending out a tech tomorrow between 12 and 4 Eastern PM time. Hope it gets resolved then.

Well, the story certainly changed since my post earlier.
I was under the assumption that he had a Genie and a HR24, thats it. Post #1.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)