Need help with new install

ken

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Its been many years since I was a DISH dealer and I am not up-to-date on the new tech now being used by DISH. We have recently purchased a new home in Florida that we will be using during the winter months only so I will be bringing down south my three receivers and then take them back to Minnesota come spring. Obviously, we have no basement in Florida and the ceilings are all high valted type with little to no atic access and block walls. The home has home run cable to each TV but since we do not have access to it at this time I don't know if its RG6 or RG59 (built in 92).

The receivers are a ViP722 a 512 and a 522. The VIP722 and the 522 will be together and then feed back into the RF/Ant feed to where the demark point in the garage is. The 512 will be in the living room where an existing TV conection is (home run to garage) so I would send a combined signal from the DP44 powered switch (conected to a 1000.2 dish) for that. I was then thinking about trenching around the house to the family room with 4 RG6's. 1 for the VIP722 (combined 2Sat/Ant signal on one cable) and 2 cables for the 522 since I do not know if I can combine into one cable for that receiver (legacy I think) and then for the remaining cable I would send an RF feed back to the demark for whole house distribution.

What do you think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts