Need help with OTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directv newb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
columbus, oh.
Hello, here in Columbus we have been without channel 10 for more than 3 weeks now, I use an OTA antenna and I screw it into the coax thingy input on the back of the TV. Everything works fine except the sound has to come through the TV speakers and I want it to come through my home theatre. I have a newer modern Yamaha receiver BUT I do not see a "coax" input to screw the OTA antenna into. Lots of hdmi, ect ect but I don't see a coax thingy. How do I make the OTA antenna go through my receiver so I can have better sound?

Does the receiver and tv support ARC (audio return channel)? If so, audio will travel over tv back to AV receiver.

Thanks all, but I'm just going to forget about it and just use the TV speakers until they reach an agreement. I thought there was a way to put the coax into the receiver but apparently not so I am not going to fiddle with it.

if the hdmi from the receiver to the tv are both on inputs labeled arc, just change the receiver to that input, my denon is simply labeled "tv"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts