Need help with R15 loosing one or both tuner signals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

guildjw

Original poster
Mar 14, 2010
Dallas, tx
I am going on ym 6th R15 reciever in 18 months, usually th ereciever looses one of it's recievers. Now I am not so sure the problem is not in the cables. I just put in a replacement R15 yesterday, all works fine, today while watching TV I change channels and bang, error searching for signal on SAT 1. I go to setup and check the signal strength, both tuners show no signal at all. I unplug reboot, nothing stuck on searching for sat on power up. I brought the reciever to my neighbors no problems. I have two runs of 100 feet RG6U cable. I did notive with (when its working signal strength of 95/96. I did notice the antenna and cables where not grounded anywhere. Could the voltage on the antenna lines be marginal and thus causing the tuners to not be able to see any signal at times? I'm confused how they can work for one minute the just loose all signal the next.

What dish do you have? Are the cables from the dish run directly to the DVR? But, from your description I'd guess that the LNB is failing.

Is it possible to set your receiver up near the dish and see if it works there before the 100ft of cable? That would help determine if its wire or LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)