need help with rewiring

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

icyfire

Original poster
May 30, 2008
Hi,

I am planning on moving my vip722 upstairs and am swapping the tv1 and tv2 connections. I prepared a schematic and would like to know whether this is possible:

I am a newb at this so please tell me whether this can work. Thanks.

Few things, the "splitter" device on the back of the 722 is the DPP seperator. Diplexers are always used in pairs.
If you already have a rg6 cable going to tv2 then yes it is possible to swap the diplexers around to do what you want.

I dont follow exactly what you are trying to acheive with tv2 in your diagram.

thx for the reply, a dpp seperator is going into the sat inputs on the 722 (not a diplexor, my mistake). I have RG6 only. Also, I am trying to mirror the TV2 output onto 2 TVs on 2 different floors hence the whole mess.

Just split the tv2 using a standard splitter like you had and then run it into the diplexor on the vhf/uhf port. Note that the more times you split tv2 the quality goes down. Your UHF remotes may not working if too far away. Let us know if you have more questions.

alright, thanks a lot. I ordered a pair of diplexers so it should be about 3 days until I can set this up. Also, do you know whether I can use the 6.0 RF remote with the 722?