Need help with switching from Legacy LNB to DP LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

loozer0229

Original poster
May 9, 2008
I need help in converting from legacy LNB to DP LNB.Uptil now I dont have any problem in legacy but I just got DVR which require 2 Input Sat.
I have 2 d*sh One pointing to 110 and 119 and other one @ 61.5

110/119 has no problem but with the d*sh pointing at 61.6 ,its not detecting 61.5 with DP Swicth 34.
I used have DP twin and then tried DP Quard LNBF but the d*sh pointing to 61.5 is not detecting with DP Swicth 34.

Is that mean I cannot use DP twin or Quard on d*sh 61.5 or should I get Single or Dual DP LNB?

Thanks in advance.

Getting a DP dual would be better for the 61.5. How many lines are you running to the DP34? There should be 3 lines to the inputs, 110,119, and 61.5. It should still work with a twin though.

You could also just use a DPP twin on the 110/119 dish and that way you would only need one line to the DVR.

I tried both twin and quard dish pro lnb but nothing work for 61.5 and yes I am running just 3 lines to the input.
Even if I buy DPP twin still I have to get seperate DP dual for 61.6 right?

I tried both twin and quard dish pro lnb but nothing work for 61.5 and yes I am running just 3 lines to the input.
Even if I buy DPP twin still I have to get seperate DP dual for 61.6 right?

Yes, but you would not need the DP34 switch and would be only rquires to run one coax to the dual tuner by using the DPP Separator. As far as your current setup, have you checked what you get with running 61.5 direct to a receiver to make sure you are getting a proper signal? You might also want to clear the matrix on the receiver (disconnect all inputs and run check switch) then hook everything back up, also check to see if you have 119 into port 1, 110 into port 2 and 61.5 into port 3.

May be I didnt explain properly
Right now I have legacy LNB of both 110/119 and 61.6 which is working ..no problem but I would like to change it to DP (not DP +)

I have one DP Twin and one DP Quard LNB

So I used on both the d*sh point to 110/119 and 61.5 and going thru SW34 but just 110/119 is verified which I run check switch.

I tried to swap the LNB but still same result so I am confident my LNB is fine so I am thinking may d*sh point tp 61.5 cannot take DP twin or DP Quard.

Even if I get DP plus (for 110/119) still I need working LNB for 61.5.
so my question is if I am doing something technically wrong or I cannot use DP twin or Quard on d*sh point to 61.5 should I get single LNB DP for it?

Double check the switch, sw is usually referring to legacy equipment (yes, I see you listed it as a DP switch 34 in the OP), which will not work with Dish Pro or Dish Pro +. Only problem I can see is a twin is trying to look at two sat locations at the same time. Switching the twin for a dual would make sense, use the twin on 110/119 and sell the quad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)