This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Need help with upgrade question

Shaggy Sanchez

Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Northern KY
I took advantage of the DIU promotion in August and added HD programing and a 622 to my current setup (a 522). I'm not sure why but at the time I didn't also upgrade my 522 to a 622 as well and would like to now. I figure if I am going to pay for HD I might as well get to enjoy it on both of my HD televisions. I called to upgrade the 522 to 622 and was told that since I had already used the DIU promotion the only way I could get a 622 was to purchase it for $500. I told the CSR that I was not informed of the one time per year use of the DIU promotion and even asked if I could upgrade without the promotion and was still told my only option was to purchase the reciever.

I guess my short version is this, am I stuck with the 522 until next august unless I decide to pay $500 for a new 622? I find it hard to believe that there is no way to upgrade my receiver.

They recently began allowing customers to receive 2-722's (or it may have been 2 HD receivers, so I would try e-mailing ceo@dishnetwork.com and see what they will offer. I know for a while you couldn't get 2 of something, and now you can so I would assume that they will get the ball rolling on what you can do (or at least direct you to someone who can).

Just my 2 Cents worth,
Geoff

Thanks Geoff.

Well I even asked if I could get a 722 thinking maybe I couldn't have two of the same receivers even though I know you can and they still said no. I was told that I can't add or upgrade a receiver until August of next year since I did the DIU promotion in August. I will try using the email you gave me and see what happens but I think it is ridiculous that you can only add or upgrade your equipment once a year unless you want to buy it.

Email ceo@echostar.com with your offer. Only at this service level does anyone have the authority/ability to override the business rules in place.