Need help with upgrade question

Shaggy Sanchez

Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Northern KY
I took advantage of the DIU promotion in August and added HD programing and a 622 to my current setup (a 522). I'm not sure why but at the time I didn't also upgrade my 522 to a 622 as well and would like to now. I figure if I am going to pay for HD I might as well get to enjoy it on both of my HD televisions. I called to upgrade the 522 to 622 and was told that since I had already used the DIU promotion the only way I could get a 622 was to purchase it for $500. I told the CSR that I was not informed of the one time per year use of the DIU promotion and even asked if I could upgrade without the promotion and was still told my only option was to purchase the reciever.

I guess my short version is this, am I stuck with the 522 until next august unless I decide to pay $500 for a new 622? I find it hard to believe that there is no way to upgrade my receiver.

I took advantage of the DIU promotion in August and added HD programing and a 622 to my current setup (a 522). I'm not sure why but at the time I didn't also upgrade my 522 to a 622 as well and would like to now. I figure if I am going to pay for HD I might as well get to enjoy it on both of my HD televisions. I called to upgrade the 522 to 622 and was told that since I had already used the DIU promotion the only way I could get a 622 was to purchase it for $500. I told the CSR that I was not informed of the one time per year use of the DIU promotion and even asked if I could upgrade without the promotion and was still told my only option was to purchase the reciever.

I guess my short version is this, am I stuck with the 522 until next august unless I decide to pay $500 for a new 622? I find it hard to believe that there is no way to upgrade my receiver.

They recently began allowing customers to receive 2-722's (or it may have been 2 HD receivers, so I would try e-mailing ceo@dishnetwork.com and see what they will offer. I know for a while you couldn't get 2 of something, and now you can so I would assume that they will get the ball rolling on what you can do (or at least direct you to someone who can).

Just my 2 Cents worth,
Geoff

Thanks Geoff.

Well I even asked if I could get a 722 thinking maybe I couldn't have two of the same receivers even though I know you can and they still said no. I was told that I can't add or upgrade a receiver until August of next year since I did the DIU promotion in August. I will try using the email you gave me and see what happens but I think it is ridiculous that you can only add or upgrade your equipment once a year unless you want to buy it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)