322 and TV2

WhitePolarBear

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
Gulf Coast Texas
My system is a Dish 500 with 322 receiver. Is it true that both coax out on 322 are mono audio? My TV in the bed room is connected to TV2 through coax Out. I am a little upset that there is no stereo sound. Anyway to get around that?

They're both mono I believe. The only way around it is to use the TV2 composite out. You could either run composite to that room or attempt wireless video senders.

Andrew,

Thanks for the confirmation. Wireless Video/Audio is definitely an option. However, I read that the 2.4 GHz models got interference from cordless phones, etc. So I would need to look for models with a higher freq. if I go this route.

Yes...they work sometimes. I've used the 2.4 ghz ones from Radio Shack before and had them work...and then I've tried to use them and have had them not work.

I'm not sure what other frequencies are available, but I'm sure someone makes different ones.

Thanks, guys. First I didn't believe my ears that after I read the user manual carefully, I felt cheated. I don't know if I would have gone for the DVR or the HD though as they cost extra monthly. I have a descent DVD recorder (Pioneer). That's how I record the programs for later watch. It's quite inconvient though, as I have to program the receiver and then the recorder.

i got a dvr before it was called a pvr, it was called a dishplayer. and i've been addicted ever since, can't enjoy tv without one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts