Need help with VCR

Garcia

Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
I have a dish model 311 and i have it hooked up to my dvd/vcr player, and it's been working fine for the past 2 years i could record and watch my shows, but now when i try to record it just records a blue screen and i can't watch television unless my vcr is turned off, both channels for the tv and the vcr are set to 3, and i've tried checking the options for any changes and no luck, any help? or ideas on what might've happened? Thanks.

does it sound like he needs to press the tv/vcr button on the vcr remote to anyone else?

Otherwise, it's 2006, time to get a DVR son...

yeah, i think the blue screen is the vcr's polite way of saying it isn't set to the proper channel or input to receive anything.

sorry my previous reply wasn't more useful.

Garcia said:
I have a dish model 311 and i have it hooked up to my dvd/vcr player, and it's been working fine for the past 2 years i could record and watch my shows, but now when i try to record it just records a blue screen and i can't watch television unless my vcr is turned off, both channels for the tv and the vcr are set to 3, and i've tried checking the options for any changes and no luck, any help? or ideas on what might've happened? Thanks.

I am sorry Garcia when I first red your post I red it wrong.When a Vcr records a
blue screen it's either off channel or the cable went bad or it's not plugged in right
Something could have gone out in the Vcr it's just a process of elimination Good Luck!.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)