Need Help ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

csf

Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
I posted this on the main dish board, but thought this might be a better place to put it. Thanks!
I need help. My current configuration is 1 hdtv with a 942 hooked up to it and 4 low def tvs hooked up. I am putting a new hdtv in and will be switching out one of the low def boxes to do this. I currently have a dish 500 and a hd over the air antenna for local hd. I called a local dish distributor and they told me I needed to purchase the new dish 1000 and a vip221 for my new hdtv since i did not need dvr. He also said I would want the 1000 so I could get the new HD packages Dish is offering. They assured me that the 942 would work in the new setup. The installer completed the job and had the 942 running through a 34 switch. To sum it up my TV's were very pixelated and constantly aquiring signal. I had them come back out and they decided the 942 that I bought 10 months ago would not work with the 1000 and it would not receive the new channels. There solution was to 1 hook the Dish 500 back up to the 942 (primary TV) and not get the new channels that I would be paying for and hook the 1000 to the rest of the tv's. I do not want to do this because I would be paying for channels that I couldn't watch on the primary TV. Their other solution was to buy a new HD box which is out of the question. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for the help. Sorry for the long read.

Not sure of your location, but make them Install 2 Dish 500's with one dedicated to 129 , or have them peak the Dish 1000 for only 129 leaving the Dish 500 for 110 / 119 (this is my setup, though I have a Dpp44 switch) The 942 will work with the 1000, it just will not get the MPEG4 channels...you will need a ViP 211 or a 622 for the MPEG4 channels... Check on upgrading one of your older receivers.
Existing Customers - Dish'n it Up!
Vip 211 - $49 Lease Upgrade, if you currently have any receiver
Vip 622 - $199 Lease Upgrade, if you currently have any receiver
Vip 622 - $199 Lease Upgrade, and a $100 credit when you return a 942 or 921
from BFG's Dish Network Threads, Packages, Fees, Locals, & Satellite Info

I was told that I could only upgrade one of my boxes and I would have to pay retail for the other. Is that true?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)