need info on receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tb36fla

Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Ok so I am looking to buy a fta receiver and need a little advice. I have looked at the viewsat ultra lite and it looks ok but it doesnt seem to support pvr. I was told it is a very good receiver. Anyone have advice for me ?
The other was the sonicview 360 premier pvr. I have not talked to anyone about this one and do not know if it is a good brand or not. Also I have been told that some brands come out with software updates faster than others. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

if you're like us here and legal most people could care less about "updates" as the only box I've seen with more than 2 updates in the last year is the Visionsat

SKip that one, if you're looking for legal fta.
I think I saw the specs on that one a few days back and seems like they left off
the digital audio-output jacks on it (to save a dollar). I have an Ultra and and would have to say it is just average when it comes to blind-scanning and real fta, not the most sensitive tuner for what they cost. Go for a mercury 2 or a traxis 3500...

I agree with Turbosat, go with the Merc II. I have a Merc II, don't need pvr, just pass it through my DVD recorder, works great.

The coolsat 6100 private will record but only what your watching so I'm told.I've only had mine a few days and no time to check.My viewsat ultra thou I find it easier to navigate the menu's.Sonicview is supposed to come out soon with a dual tuner pvr if ya wanna wait a bit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)