Need Installer in Houston TX - any suggestions?

LindainTX

Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
Long story short - we've had a DISH account since the Washington DC market was first opened up eons ago. Over the years, I have always bought and installed my own equipment (in fact, that was the only choice you had with my very first setup!) but now I need help. We had to take the dish down for a re-siding/re-roofing project, and so I am finally going to put up the D1000.2 WA dish that's been sitting in the box since I bought it 3-1/2 years ago. I could mount it, but I can't aim it. I want to pay somebody to do it for me.

I need somebody in the NW Houston area that can install the dish and then aim it correctly. I need wiring to the house but not inside (it goes to a single 722 receiver.) Surely there is an installer that could help me out. Any suggestions?

Long story short - we've had a DISH account since the Washington DC market was first opened up eons ago. Over the years, I have always bought and installed my own equipment (in fact, that was the only choice you had with my very first setup!) but now I need help. We had to take the dish down for a re-siding/re-roofing project, and so I am finally going to put up the D1000.2 WA dish that's been sitting in the box since I bought it 3-1/2 years ago. I could mount it, but I can't aim it. I want to pay somebody to do it for me.

I need somebody in the NW Houston area that can install the dish and then aim it correctly. I need wiring to the house but not inside (it goes to a single 722 receiver.) Surely there is an installer that could help me out. Any suggestions?

Well, Have YOU searched for any local installer?

Hey, LindainTX! If you would like to reach out to our Chat team here: Request Rejected they will be happy to look into options to get a technician out and get that installed for you.

"Well, Have YOU searched for any local installer?"

Of course I have - I would not have posted here, looking for help, if I had been able to find somebody. Lots of ways to get a TV mounted, or to BUY Dish service, but I apparently am not looking in the right places to find somebody to install already purchased and owned equipment.

Hey, LindainTX! If you would like to reach out to our Chat team here: Request Rejected they will be happy to look into options to get a technician out and get that installed for you.

"There is a $50 relocation fee for this service as well as a $95 technician fee. We can add the Dish Protect plan today, which would cover the $95 portion."

And THIS is why I didn't want to go through DISH to find an installer. Last time I had an issue with a receiver, they added that protection plan in spite of my distinct instruction NOT TO DO SO, and it took two months to get it removed and the charges reversed. And since Dish has never installed ANY of my equipment, I sort of quibble at a "relocation fee." (And yes, I asked them to waive it and was told since the relocation was "optional," the fee was mandatory.

And it isn't even the price - it is the fact that I have been customer for 30+ YEARS and a little bit of appreciation for customer loyalty goes a long way.

Times like this, DirectTV looks better and better.

"There is a $50 relocation fee for this service as well as a $95 technician fee. We can add the Dish Protect plan today, which would cover the $95 portion."

And THIS is why I didn't want to go through DISH to find an installer. Last time I had an issue with a receiver, they added that protection plan in spite of my distinct instruction NOT TO DO SO, and it took two months to get it removed and the charges reversed. And since Dish has never installed ANY of my equipment, I sort of quibble at a "relocation fee." (And yes, I asked them to waive it and was told since the relocation was "optional," the fee was mandatory.

And it isn't even the price - it is the fact that I have been customer for 30+ YEARS and a little bit of appreciation for customer loyalty goes a long way.

Times like this, DirectTV looks better and better.
DISH is not the place for customer loyalty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts