Need LNB. Difference between Dish 1000 and 1000.2?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
I've got LNB drift and I think my LNB is going out. I have a Dish 1000 from before they started putting .2 on the model number. I'm on western arc. All the places I look online list replacement ones as for 1000.2. The pix of the LNB look the same as mine. Will the 1000.2 LNB work on my 1000?

I've got LNB drift and I think my LNB is going out. I have a Dish 1000 from before they started putting .2 on the model number. I'm on western arc. All the places I look online list replacement ones as for 1000.2. The pix of the LNB look the same as mine. Will the 1000.2 LNB work on my 1000?

MENU - 6 - 1 - 3 under device does it state 1k.2?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

it says under device DPP Twin,Twin(1), Twin(2), Dual (3)

Ok so you definitely have a 1000. Which satellites are giving you issues? If it's 110/119 then you need a new DPP Twin. If it's just 129 then you need a new DP Dual. If it's all of them then you need a new DPP Twin.

That is, if the switch/LNBs are the issue at hand.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I think my LNB is all one piece, although now that I think about it you are probably right. I will have to look at it in the daylight. I haven't had major problems yet. I have a lnb drift detected error message when I do the system info screen. It says 0x0e,oxa1, 110(e -5)
Under values 0-6 it says 0. value 7 -2. value 8 1. value 9 0. Thanks for your help I should be able to figure out what to order once I look at it Mon.

Those values won't mean anything, but drift on the 110 means that you would need a new DPP Twin LNB. When you look at it, it will be two different heads on one bracket.

The 1000 is rather undersized--I had one before Hopper. It used a DPP44 to join the LNBs.
The replacement black dish is bigger with internal switch and can feed 3 receivers.
It includes an input for another single LNB/dish, if needed.

BTW those number look standard IIRC. The words LNB drift are important.
-Ken

the 1000 is a BIGGER dish, the eyes of the LNB are slightly more apart than the 1000.2. The 1000.2 can acquire better signal levels than the original 1k dish so as a tech it is best we replace them when we come across them providing they are having any signal issues not to mention we just don't carry the old 1k LNB's no more.

The color of the dish makes no difference, it won't harm or help the signal levels unless you paint it yourself of course.

the 1000 is a BIGGER dish, the eyes of the LNB are slightly more apart than the 1000.2. The 1000.2 can acquire better signal levels than the original 1k dish so as a tech it is best we replace them when we come across them providing they are having any signal issues not to mention we just don't carry the old 1k LNB's no more.

The color of the dish makes no difference, it won't harm or help the signal levels unless you paint it yourself of course.
You no longer carry DPP Twin LNBs? That is what the original 1000 used along with a DP single or dual.

the 1000 is a BIGGER dish, the eyes of the LNB are slightly more apart than the 1000.2.
Wrong on both counts. The LNBs are spaced further apart because they're located farther from the dish.
The 1000.2 can acquire better signal levels than the original 1k dish so as a tech it is best we replace them when we come across them providing they are having any signal issues not to mention we just don't carry the old 1k LNB's no more.
The part about the DISH 1000.2 being better is true -- because it is the larger dish. The LNBs (DPP Twin and DP Dual) used with the DISH 1000 are still WIDELY available.
You got one right.

Here's the technical brief for the DISH 1000.2 (pay careful attention to the second bullet in the highlights):

http://www.firststrikemeters.com/docs/Quick_Facts_-_DISH_1000-2.pdf

Boba is right. A 1000 dish was a funny looking, smaller, dish that used a DPP Twin and a DP Single. 1k2 is so much better because all three sats are integrated into one lnb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)