Minimum program package for Multi-Sport Package

Cruise J.D.

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
South
I got an email from Dish offering the MSP at 50% off. Is there a minimum programming package to be eligible, and if so, what is it? When I signed into my online Dish account, the MSP option was greyed out in the selection screen. Thanks.

If you really want to get the minimum package to get the Multi-Sports pack then go with the AT120+. If you actually want to get something more for your money then just spend $5 more and get the AT200. You get a lot more channels for your money.

Scherrman nailed it. For the time you want the MSP get the TOP200. Since you will be downgrading back to Top 120 in a few months you are spending maybe $30 more over the Top 120+.

I somewhat agree with the AT200 comments but it depends on why you want Multi-Sport. What I did was take a half off Multi-Sport offer and downgrade from AT200 to AT120+. The reason I did this is because I love the RedZone channel and it is the only channel in the sports pack that isn't AT200 that I want. Half of my fantasy football league comes over with beer and food to watch football at my house because I am the only one of us with RedZone.

I wanted to keep my Dish bill the same price and downgrading from AT200 to AT120+ and half off MSP kept it within $0.50. I'd rather have RedZone than any channel I give up by downgrading from AT200 so it's worth it to me. When football season is over I will get rid of Multi-Sport and either go back to AT200 or drop down to AT120 until baseball season starts.

In your case it sounds like you could just stay at the Top120. That's a little different than needing to upgrade to a package and getting alot more for just $5 more for just a few months. Maybe it will keep others in the family happy while you get the sports? :)

In your case it sounds like you could just stay at the Top120. That's a little different than needing to upgrade to a package and getting alot more for just $5 more for just a few months. Maybe it will keep others in the family happy while you get the sports? :)

Yeah, If AT200 had NFL RedZone it would have everything I need. Downgrading to AT120+ and adding half off Multi-Sport gives up a couple channels I watched occasionally but gains me RedZone at the same monthly price I was paying before. Some of my must have channels that I lose in the downgrade like MLB Network and NFL Network come back when I add Multi-Sport. I was enjoying Al Jazeera and Fox Sports 1 on AT200 but neither of them are as important to me as RedZone. The rest of the basic cable channels I watch the most are still available to me in AT120+.

There is a good chance I will downgrade to AT120 after football season to save the $10 per month until MLB starts back up. I would go all the way down to Dish America during that period if it included AMC.

AT200 does have the NFL Redzone on channel 155, it's only in SD though.

It shows in the guide for some reason but RedZone is not part of any base package. You need to have the Multi-Sport pack to watch it even if you have AT250. Once you add Multi sport the HD and Sd versions will become available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't have the multi sport package but I am able to watch the RedZone channel on 155. I don't know if this is a glitch but this channel really doesn't interest me even though I have access to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts