Need Mapdown Channel Clarification on The List

PCOManager

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2010
Midwestern USA
Is there anyway to get HD mapdown clarification on "The List?" For example TNT is channel 118 on Dish Network and the HD version for the continental United States is on channel 9419. However I don't know the true HD channel for all HD channels. "The List" also contains the channels for HI, AL and maybe others, but does not specify which is which. Now by no means is the horribly outdated channel list on EKB anywhere near comparison to Sat Guys, but they used to have this listed and a notes section that stated if channels were in preview mode, regional availability and in some cases mapdown data.. I run QAm systems and am limited to the number of transponders I can broadcast on 110, 119, 61.5 129, and 118.7

Updated example
TNT SD is Channel is actually 138, the HD version is 9420, and is mapped down in the channel guide to 138. On "The List" there is also channel 4138 which my records indicate has unknown availability, 4315 which is the HD version in Alaska, 4379 which is HD Hawaii. There are more, but I was looking for an updated list that showed the difference.

The rule of thumb latelly has been for the US whatever the "normal" (SD) channel number is, just add a "4" in front and that is the HD channel

yes some older channels have HD assignments on 2 or 3 numbers but they are just remaps. If you look both 4138 & 9420 are on the same transponder (110W TP7) so its just a remap for the HD channel. Same channel and parameters, just different numbering

The Alaska/Hawaii/Puerto Rico channels are on a spotbeam so you wont see them.

Thanks Iceberg! Didn't know about the 4 rule of thumb, that should help. Trying to layout a full spectrum plant with only room for 64 transcoders and offering every possible international package is kind of like doing chinease arithmatic. I appreciate the info.

Yeah. This kind of stuff is REAL fun. I used to take personal pride in tracking this stuff back when I was on cable and it pretty much works out similarly to Dish's setup. Channels duplicated all over the place but realistically mapping to the same QAM in the background.

Realistically speaking if it were me: Just track the actual channel names or call letters in the guide and ignore the numbers. Each channel is likely to have anywhere from 1-4 different locations in the guide listing but they are all mapped to the same sat/transponder/channel PID only taking up one channel's worth of bandwidth rather than the visible 1-4 count.

have you got the answer?
smile.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts