Need my dishes moved and setup questions

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Hey guys,

Currently, my two dishes (one 119/110, and the other at 129) are on top of the roof of my back deck. I'm going to be tearing the deck down pretty soon and I need my dishes to be moved off of it. What are my options for this? When the tech last came to move my 61.5 to 119 (about 2 years ago) he told me that there was some program whereby I could have someone come out and move them and it wouldn't cost much of anything. Is this still the case? And if so what is the program? I completely forgot the details that he told me.

Also, in looking around the forum, I noticed people talking about mixed arc, western arc, and eastern arc setups. What do I have? And is there anything that needs to be done concerning it? My mom has been in command of all of this while I have been in college. I'm moving back home temporarily now that I have graduated, so I want everything to be in line. My mom has done nothing but leave it the way I had it. And she pays no attention to the letters or phone calls that she receives about upgrades and the like.

Any ideas?

Hi hpman247, your current installation is a western arc (119,110, & 129) and this is a correct installation. It does not need to be changed at all. Regarding the move of your Dish, DISH Network does have a DISH Mover program which most customer's qualify to have for free but it is for moving the system to a new address. You are needing a temporary relocation of the dish, which at your request would be a custom work order. If a work order is created specifically for a technician to come out and perform a custom work, then the customer is charged the regular technician visit fee of $15 with the service plan or $95 without the service plan and $50 for the custom work order. This would be charged to move the dish to a temporary location and again if need to move back to a permanent location. If myself or an of the DIRT members can assist in any way, please just let us know! Thank you!