Need PC Help Please with Windows XP Task Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tele-TV

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Hey Everyone,

First off, I have Windows XP. Somehow the Task Bar that is normally on the bottom screen, is now at the top of the screen. How do I get it back to the bottom? Thanks from the bottom of my heart - Matthew.

You need to click on the task bar with the left button. Click on it, hold down the button and drag the task bar to the bottom of tha screen.

Bill

First, right click on the taskbar and make sure the "lock taskbar" item is not checked.

Next, click on a blank spot of the taskbar and drag it to the bottom.

To prevent this from happening again, right click on the taskbar and click the Lock Taskbar option.

Thanks Billnut.

Did what you told me to Mike, but for some reason I can't move the bar. I can only make it bigger. The only place I can hilight and actually do something is, at the bottom of the bar. But then that just makes the bar bigger.

:( :confused:

P.S.

Checked Help and Support option on my PC, and it tells me to do the exact same thing you mentioned mike.

Tele-TV said:
Hey Everyone,
First off, I have Windows XP. Somehow the Task Bar that is normally on the bottom screen, is now at the top of the screen. How do I get it back to the bottom? Thanks from the bottom of my heart - Matthew.
Your PC got jealous of the old Amiga and Macs and decided to do something about it by moving the menu bar to the top of the screen where it belongs. Once you get use to doing it the right way, you'll wonder why Microsoft stuck the bar on the bottom in the first place!

Or, I could be full of sh!t...:D

Happy New Year!

Foxbat said:
Your PC got jealous of the old Amiga and Macs and decided to do something about it by moving the menu bar to the top of the screen where it belongs. Once you get use to doing it the right way, you'll wonder why Microsoft stuck the bar on the bottom in the first place!
Or, I could be full of sh!t...:D
Happy New Year!
I never gave it any thought before but you're probably right. All the other menus are dropped down from the top of the windows, why should the task bar be different? :confused: I may give it a try for awhile to see how I like it...

Mario

I have my toolbar on top and the address bar there also so I can just type in the site I want and boom, keeps from having to open firefox or IE all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)