Need quick help with Set up HD25

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cadams

Original poster
Oct 22, 2019
Texas
I have a slimline 3 dish, HD25 receiver, and the power inserter. The LNB is the single round one, with 3 or 4 outputs. Do I need the SWM8 switch to make this work? I tried to make it work with the B Band converters without the power inserter and could not get a signal. I am going to try again this weekend with the power inserter conected. I am in a remote area and want to have the SWM8, or some other type of multi switch on hand if I need that. We are only running 1 TV and would like to have the ability to run 2 tuners. Thanks

Do you mean the receiver is an "HR24" DVR?

If so then if your LNB is SL-3 with four outlets and you have two BBCs on hand. Your cheapest quickest solution is simply to run 2 coax cables from the Slimline dish each to a BBC connected to the satellite inputs of the HR24.

Make sure to power-cycle the receiver so it restarts up in legacy mode.

I myself would use a SWiM installation, but this is the quickest way to get going there unless you're willing to wait for new parts ....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

:welcome to Satelliteguys cadams!
If the lnb is really a swm type, then you need the power inserter in line from the lnb to the receiver/dvr. Don't use the b band converters.

I think it’s the H25. I don’t have it with me so I can’t confirm. I do know the LNB is the old non-SWM type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it’s the H25. I don’t have it with me so I can’t confirm. I do know the LNB is the old non-SWM type.

Twice you said the lnb is a non swm, once you said it says swm on it. So which is it? How many outputs on the lnb?

Twice you said the lnb is a non swm, once you said it says swm on it. So which is it? How many outputs on the lnb?

The receiver only has 1 input and it says SWM.

The dish LNB has 3 or 4 outputs so I’m am certain it is an old non-SWM type. I’m guessing this dish is 8 or 9 years old which I think is the pre-SWM days.

Maybe that will clarify it.

The dish LNB has 3 or 4 outputs so I’m am certain it is an old non-SWM type. I’m guessing this dish is 8 or 9 years old which I think is the pre-SWM days.

The H25 is a swm only receiver, so you have to have either a swm lnb or a swm switch.

Ok, then if the receiver is indeed an H25 model then it operates with only SWiM satellite input signals.

So then the easiest and least expensive way to do is swap out that legacy four outlet type LNB for SL-3 SWiM integrated one. And then run or connect only one coax run from the dish to the Power Inserter.

And then from the PI on to the H25.

The other bit more complex and less clean option would be to run four coax cables from the existing legacy LNB to an external SWiM-8 multiswitch. And then from the "SWM 1/PWR" output of the multiswitch to the PI and then on to the H25.

You'll also have to make sure to use the gray-colored 29v PI type to properly power the multiswitch. Not the black-colored 21v one that may be used in the first option with the SWiM integrated LNB.

I recommend ebay to keep costs down for parts to either option.

Ok, then if the receiver is indeed an H25 model then it operates with only SWiM satellite input signals.

So then the easiest and least expensive way to do is swap out that legacy four outlet type LNB for SL-3 SWiM integrated one. And then run or connect only one coax run from the dish to the Power Inserter.

And then from the PI on to the H25.

The other bit more complex and less clean option would be to run four coax cables from the existing legacy LNB to an external SWiM-8 multiswitch. And then from the "SWM 1/PWR" output of the multiswitch to the PI and then on to the H25.

You'll also have to make sure to use the gray-colored 29v PI type to properly power the multiswitch. Not the black-colored 21v one that may be used in the first option with the SWiM integrated LNB.

I recommend ebay to keep costs down for parts to either option.

Awesome. I ordered the new SWiM LNB for the dish and have the 21v power inserter. I think that will get me where I need to be. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: raoul5788

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)