Need receiver with UHF-RF remote

The DP do the one cable, two tuners as well, don't they?? I do remember them, but cannot remember their limitations.

I remember when they came out with DP and DP34's for the SuperDish when our locals were on 121.

I have owned legacy twins, DishPro twins, and a DishPro Plus twin. ALL have internal switches to feed the signal from both satellites to a single (or dual for the Pro Plus) tuner.

Yes, it's a "Dish 500"- it says that right on the dish. It has two heads- side by side so it can get both the 110º & 119º sats.

And no, ChadT41, nothing has not been changed since it was intalled Nov 2001. The man told me it was the newest thing then and except for a coax repair a few years ago, nothing has been done to it since.

I don't need two tuners- I just need to be able to get these two sats on the tuner that has the UHF remote. So can I do this with the 322 receiver?

Last edited:
In that case, I agree with JSheridan. Think he nailed it that you have a legacy LNB. The 322 does offer the uhf remote feature, and if a technician does come out he would replace your dish with a non legacy one, and you can have it hooked up to all three tv's(2 TVs working independently, one TV mirrored), and you would be good to go. The only other option would be looking into one of the posted IR to UHF converters. The 311 does not offer uhf, only IR

Reactions: JSheridan
Yeah, not quite an equal replacement, but a "like" one. The 4900 was a top level legacy box in its time with TWO sets of outputs and optical out, unlike the then "slave" boxes (like 2600's or 2700's) that made up 2+TV systems.

Agreed. The situation being what it is, it looks like a 322 for you and while tuner 2 is RF, tuner 1 is IR, but you can get an RF to IR converter for tuner 1 if you need it, and you will have to have that second coax from the reflector or switch for the second tuner. I do feel you have a legitimate gripe as you had your 4900 set up the way you like it and Dish no longer makes any boxes that would be an equal SD STB. I hope all works out well.

if a technician does come out he would replace your dish with a non legacy one,

No, a DishPro twin will NOT feed two tuners via one cable. It must be a DishPro PLUS twin. PLUS. Note the PLUS.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a 322 will work in solo mode and the UHF remote will control all the outputs, including the RF output, just like a 4900.

By the way, I had a 4900 too. It was my first Dish receiver and it was great in it's day. I think the modulator output was of better quality than current Dish receivers.

Correct, and I owned up to that after in a post immediately after saying it. The 322 does not have solo mode, but the TV1, may or may, have the option to turn UHF. It has been so long since I have dealt with one, I cannot remember if there is the menu option to activate TV1 UHF, like the 522 has. I think it does,because I think I remember Matt G helping someone with a 311K set theirs up that way.

Reactions: TheKrell
Dish will be ditching the 322's and anything with a coax out soon as well. They are using HD as an excuse to charge you for a receiver at every TV. They are not going to pay contracted techs for all this work so if you get one of them they are going to cancel the job if they run across something like this that they can not fix with HD rcvrs. Just be weary and ask the tech if they are paid per hour first instead of wasting your time and theirs.

Dish will be ditching the 322's and anything with a coax out soon as well.

Proof??? Link???

You DO realize that except for the Ho's/Jo's & 211z's, ALL other of their current HD receivers DO have coax outs...nor have they even talked about stopping those type of HD receiver installs.

edit: fixed model# to 211z

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadT41
Just be weary and ask the tech if they are paid per hour first instead of
Are you so "weary" you can't think straight, or are you so "wary" that you job might be in jeopardy? If you search through posts you will find the 322 has been discontinued for new installs. But the 311K bastardized version of this receiver is available and should offer UHF.

Reactions: TheKrell
Proof??? Link???

You DO realize that except for the Ho's/Jo's & 211k's, ALL other of their current HD receivers DO have coax outs...nor have they even talked about stopping those type of HD receiver installs.

I'm sure you meant the 211Z because the 211K has channel 3/4 out.

To the point, it probably won't be for a few or even several years but as the older receivers get old and are phased out the coax output will go away. They've already stopped the 222K installs directly unless you can get one from a local dealer. As further proof, Dish hasn't manufactured anything other that Ho/Jo's and 211Z's for quite a while.

I'm sure you meant the 211Z because the 211K has channel 3/4 out.
Yes, thanks f/catching, fixed it
To the point, it probably won't be for a few or even several years but as the older receivers get old and are phased out the coax output will go away. They've already stopped the 222K installs directly unless you can get one from a local dealer. As further proof, Dish hasn't manufactured anything other that Ho/Jo's and 211Z's for quite a while.
Agree, but considering their still installing (& refurbing) 722's, 612's, etc. & STILL installing SD only receivers on WA to this day, it's going to (much) later than sooner! :eek:

Reactions: JSheridan

DISH Rumor Alert

Exemplary service from Dish!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts