Exemplary service from Dish!

viggen61

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
Northern New Jersey
My condo building got a new roof a couple weeks ago, and the Dish had to be taken down. When I was finally able to find out that work was completed, I scheduled the Dish re-installation for today (Sat. 3/21).

You'd think it would be easy on the second day of Spring to install a Dish, but Mother Nature had other plans, giving us 3-4" of the white stuff the day before, blanketing the roof.

So, when the techs got out to my place, I fully expected to have to re-schedule, since the tech would have to work his way to the installation site across a snow-covered, and potentially icy roof. But the senior tech persevered, and made it out to the site (about 25' from my deck, across the new roof), re-mounted the Dish, and got my Hopper back on the air, all in about 45 minutes.

Maybe I've been lucky, I've always had good Dish techs in 9 years with Dish. But these guys went above and beyond, when they could have easily postponed for a better day.

Thanks to TommyF with DIRT for getting me scheduled, but many, many thanks to the tech who crawled out on the roof today.

Maybe just this once, they could be banned, or self banned, from this one thread.

Nice to see something positive posted about Dish! Usually the negative is posted instead of the positive....
Exactly why I had to post. I've been on the Interwebs long enough to know the negative outweighs the positive in so many forums, mail lists, etc.

In all the visits I've had since 2006, I've only had one problem after a tech left, and I chalk that up to inexperience with the then-new Hopper (he installed my single Hopper/0 Joeys without the node...). But a call to Dish, and a brief visit by another tech solved that very quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)