Need Satellite 77W to get locals in HD. Anyway to add using a second dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnwadams

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Arkansas
I am at a temporary location for several months and the locals in HD are on 77W.
I am set up with a dome on my RV for 110, 119 and 129. Dish switched my location and I get the SD feeds off 110 but I want networks in HD. Is there anyway to use an old single lnb dish to hit 77w and use it to get the locals in HD? In the past they have always been on 129 so i had no trouble as I worked around the south west U.S.

Thanks

You can use the old dish but it would be best to have a dish pro single lnb on it . Then you can run your four satellite inputs to a dpp44 switch which you will need to purchase. A used one is cheaper if you can find one and it also requires a power inserter to plug into a wall outlet. Try ebay. This switch has 4 satellite input ports and 4 receiver outputs.

The issue is those dome antennas usually move between satellites as you select channels if I remember right so you cant use a DPP44 switch (or any switch really). Here is the info from one of the "King Dome" antennas
Provides a seamless program guide for all available channels and automatically switches satellites when you select a new channel on a different satellite.

But to answer the question yes you can use a simple Dish300 with a LNB for 77W.

Depends on your dome. I was assuming you were using one of the newer styles that has a standard dish 1000 with the 3 seperate lnb's(Called Travelers Dish).Then the dpp 44 will work. If the other style then I'm not sure at this point.

Just checked out the Sadoun Satellite site to see what domes they carry. They carry several different ones incuding the one like I am talking about. But they also have several other ones like Iceberg is talking about. When I look at the instruction manuals for these domes it appears like you can program in up to 5 satellites. Maybe your dome works the same way or maybe it's like the one I said with 3 lnb's. Either way that's a couple possibilities to check out.

The issue is those dome antennas usually move between satellites as you select channels if I remember right so you cant use a DPP44 switch (or any switch really). Here is the info from one of the "King Dome" antennas
Provides a seamless program guide for all available channels and automatically switches satellites when you select a new channel on a different satellite.

But to answer the question yes you can use a simple Dish300 with a LNB for 77W.

You are always the man with the answers.
My Winegard dome moves between 110, 119 and 129 as needed.
I will just be at this location for a month or two so I will try an old dish, single lnb for 77W.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts