Need schooling on Android and my home network.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

steve4810

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
Now I have two Android devices; a phone and a tablet. So how can I get them to have access to my NAS?

And I know you can buy a DLNA gadget to feed wifi or ethernet video into your flat screen via HDMI. So what software do the various parts of my home network need to send video to that flat screen gadget?

And can I use one of my androids to control the steaming from the NAS to the flat screen?

OK, what is the upside and downside on rooting?

Can you brick a tablet the way I hear some folks end up doing with their phone?

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

You may want to look at DoubleTwist too. That streams from the android to other devices.
I'm using Sugarsync for music and pictures syncing to my laptop and to the cloud for backup.

I want to stream from NAS to tablet and DLNA enabled TV.

I've also got Wifi File Explorer Pro that lets me move files between my phone and notebook via a web browser. But the phone has no capability to browse, read, edit, copy or delete the contents of the notebook drives.

But I guess the correct term is to mount the NAS drive as an additional drive on the tablet just as it is now on the two notebooks in the house.

ShareFinder and AndSMB don't require root access. Never used any of them.
Can't find any ShareFinder app. I'm looking at AndSMB and am trying to see exactly what it would do in regards NAS.

I can't speak to the television, but I use BSPlayer Lite to stream (not load) movies from my network to my android phone. It is free and works great.

I can't speak to the television, but I use BSPlayer Lite to stream (not load) movies from my network to my android phone. It is free and works great.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

One thing I've found out is is that the native AVCHD files have a huge data rate that choke all portable devices so I will have to compress and convert them no matter what I find. So now I'm on the lookout for an android compressor/converter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts