Need Some advice

peoriaps

Original poster
Oct 10, 2004
I'm currently a Dish Network subscriber and have just one receiver -- a PVR 501. Since I also have cable for basic channels, I send out Dish to all TV's in the house on a separate channel using a video modulator. Locals are now available in my area on Dish, but Direct TV has no immediate plans for locals here.

I now want to upgrade to a second PVR system, but I really like the features on TIVO. I have an old Dish 4000 receiver that isn't used because I upgraded to PVR 501. I also want to see BOTH systems from any TV in the house.

So here's my question(s). Will TIVO work with the Dish 4000 receiver? If not, which Dish Receiver do I need?

Would two TIVO compatible Dish receivers and 2 TIVO's be a better option? If yes, which receivers do I need?

Finally -- In order to access either unit from any TV, I plan on sending signal via channel 3 on one unit, and the other via the modulated channel.

Any thoughts or better ideas?

I don't know about the 400 receiver specifically, but the Tivo will work with most Dish receivers, according to what others have written here.

I use a Tivo with a 322 receiver. After setting up a manual timer to bring the receiver back to life after it's daily download, it usually works flawlessly.

The 4000 was a UHF only receiver so a standalone TiVo won't be able to control the receiver. If you want to stay with DISH and get a Super Dish for locals a 510 would be your alternative $4.98 for DVOD fee and $4.99 for a second receiver on your account, $9.97 is still cheaper than the TiVo standalones' monthly fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)