Need some advice...

Derek2k3

Original poster
Apr 20, 2009
indiana
So, I got married/bought a house in September and the wife and I decided to go with E*.

The first, and biggest, issue that I had was with the installation. The reseller, NTI Satellite, came out to install my reciever and box. The guy was in a rush to get to a football game and didn't line the dish up correctly, and I therefore did no receive HD channels. I called him, he didn't get back to me till the next day, then didn't come out to fix the issue until Monday. (This all happened on a Friday)

Now, I was also set up with the wrong Package. I had requested Turbo HD silver, instead I received the SD Silver package with Turbo HD Bronze. After calling my reseller he said that was an issue he couldn't help with, and I would just have to call Customer Support. After spending several hours on the phone I got through to a manager who fixed my package. The only issue was that he canceled my free HBO/Starz preview, which was supposed to be 3 months long.

I'm not the kind of guy that will go out of my way to rip someone off, and I'm not looking to get anything from E* I don't deserve...however, I feel like I have a legitmate complaint, and I want to give E* a chance to make things right. So, any thoughts? Should I call CS, email etc?

If I read your post correctly, it sounds like your only complaint (at this point) is the missing HBO/Starz. Of course that's a legit complaint and yes, you should have it. It would probably be easier and quickly resolved by calling CS back and telling them that the last guy accidently removed your preview. It happens more often than you would think. Good luck.

You should be able to get the Turbo HD issue solved with calling 800-333-DISH.

Not sure if there is anything they can do about the Free HBO and Starz since its 4 months after the fact

Incorrect, call DishNetwork right now and ask if you can get HBO/Starz free for 3. Even if you had the previous promotion, it's a new year with a new promotion.

Thats what I'm thinking...the biggest issue I have is how awful the retailer was. It was like pulling teeth to get them to do anything, including fix their setup!

yeah Id call the CSR and if necessary just tell the automated service you wanna 'cancel' and theyre transfer you to the loyalty dept. which will always take care of you if you have legit issues/concerns and mention the possibility of leaving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)