Need some Guidance with Dish 1000

swedeguy

Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Northern IL
Dishnetwork installed a new dish 1000 with 2 wires running into my house which are then diplexed to two vp722 receivers (each feeding 1 HD and 1 Standard tv separately).

I have a FTA receiver that I would like to hook up (IE a 5th tv). I have a dp34, but that does not seem to work with the 1000 at least with my setup.

Can someone give me advise? If I purchased a dpp44 would that work with just the two wires coming in? Is there a way that the dp34 is of any use?

Please be gentle I am a noob at this.

Thanks...

hmmmm. The fta receiver works just fine if I unhook one of the receivers.

I have a DPP 1K.2 with only 2 wires coming into the house. The satellite signal says 119, 110 and 129 and all are working, not sure how that works with just 2 wires coming in the from LNB. Each one is then going to a 722 (single wire) and diplexed to 2 other tv's.

From what I am reading, I think if I run another line into the house and hook it up to a dpp44, I should still be able to use the single wires to the 722 and have space to plug in the FTA?

Has anyone done this? Does this look right? I seem to get conflicting info from different posts I read. Some say FTA wont work with a dpp, others say it will. Some say a dpp 1K.2 should not be plugged into a dpp44, other say it can.

Kind of lost here.

To go to three receivers you either need a D1000.2 or a DPP44, but your FTA receiver should only receive the very few FTA channels on DISH, like NASA and a couple of others.

If it gets other programming, you are stealing Dish signal on that receiver.

The DPP44 is very expensive. The Dish 1000.2 or 1000.4's built-in switch has three outputs for feeding three single or dual tuner receivers. You just need to run the third line. The installers wouldn't have run it because you only needed two for the receivers you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts