Need some guidance!

jhaan79

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Pontiac, IL
Hey guys, I have been getting random pixelations on my locals (Peoria, IL) and it has been frustrating while watching my football games. I'm not sure it does it at other times because I don't watch a whole lot on my locals other than sports. I'm living in Pontiac (61764) with a Hopper. I didn't really think until today honestly that it would possibly be a signal strength issue. I don't really see any dropouts on non-local channels like EVER.

Signal strength on my locals is like 32-34
Signal strength on ESPN is 52

These are low from everything I've read so far. Looking for some guidance on adjusting my dish (installed on the roof above the garage). Thanks for everyone's .02!

You guys will have to forgive me I am by no means an expert when it comes to this. I did a little more checking and saw signals for channels on 110 like ESPNU and Vice having signals in the low 70s.

Would adjusting my dish help the strength in my locals or am I gonna mess up the strength of the other ones that are apparently good?

Hey guys, I have been getting random pixelations on my locals (Peoria, IL) and it has been frustrating while watching my football games. I'm not sure it does it at other times because I don't watch a whole lot on my locals other than sports. I'm living in Pontiac (61764) with a Hopper. I didn't really think until today honestly that it would possibly be a signal strength issue. I don't really see any dropouts on non-local channels like EVER.

Signal strength on my locals is like 32-34
Signal strength on ESPN is 52

These are low from everything I've read so far. Looking for some guidance on adjusting my dish (installed on the roof above the garage). Thanks for everyone's .02!
Ironically, I'm in the Peoria market. It's an ongoing issue that we're aware of. It was supposed to have been fixed as of about a week ago. Heh, if you're in Pontiac, I wonder if I've been to your home.

If you want to PM your contact info, we're collecting anything we can on anyone still experiencing the issue

Reactions: charlesrshell
Heh, if you're in Pontiac, I wonder if I've been to your home.
Long lost friends??
friends.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts