Need some help re: dpp 33 switch!

dreese17

Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Western Maryland
Hi. I'm a dishnetwork user needing help with my installation at a permanent campground site. I originally had a Dishnet 500 quad hooked to a standard def receiver running 200ft of cable to access clearing for dish. I only needed to run one cable and system worked fine.
Upgraded to a vip211k hi-def reciever. Added a second dish pointing to 61.5. (able to get to satellite from my lot using only 20ft of cable). Inputed both the dish 500 line and the 61.5 line into a sw-21 to run to 211 reciever. Worked fine!. but can only use one reciever.
Want to add a second vip211 reciever so purchased a dpp 33 switch to output to both tv's. When I inputed the 500 line and the 61.5 line into the dp33, I was only able to see sats 110 and 61.5. What would I have to do to get the 119 sat input. Is there anyway I can get both 110 and 119 to the dpp33 from the Dish 500? I would prefer not to have to run a second cable through 200 ft of wooded area unless absolutely necessary. Thanks for the help!

Each receiver needs its own cable run. Each satellite location needs one cable run from the Lnb to the DPP33 switch.

The quad has a builtin switch that's why the 211 was able to get 119 and 110 in one cable run. When you connect the LNB to the switch, the builtin switch is disabled.

Nope, same thing with the DPP Twin. You need a cable run for each satellite location when you use switches. You could use a DP21 for each receiver though. The DP21 will combine 119/110 and 61.5.

You can combine the output of the Quad (119/110) and 61.5 with a DP21 to feed one receiver. You will need a second DP21 to feed the second receiver. Yes, two DP21s can feed both receivers but depending on where you have the dishes and the switches, you may still need that second run.

I'd like to add that if the LNB for 61.5 is just a DP single, you could use a satellite splitter. Splitters only work on with just one satellite orbital location. You probably have a DP Dual but just wanted to mention that.

Actually it is a single. It is an old Direct TV dish I had stuck away. I'll look into the splitter if I decide to go the (2) dp-21 route. I'll probably end up running a second cable from the Quad and use the DPP-33 since I already have it. Thanks.

If it's an old Directv lnb, it's probably a legacy LNB and it won't work with the DP21 switch. The DPP33 and the DP21 switches are Dish Pro equipment, the legacy LNBs cannot be used with the DP21 and the DPP33.

Since your lnbs are Legacy, you should get a couple of SW21 switches to combine the 3 satellite locations.

Hi. I'm a dishnetwork user needing help with my installation at a permanent campground site. I originally had a Dishnet 500 quad hooked to a standard def receiver running 200ft of cable to access clearing for dish. I only needed to run one cable and system worked fine.
Upgraded to a vip211k hi-def reciever. Added a second dish pointing to 61.5. (able to get to satellite from my lot using only 20ft of cable). Inputed both the dish 500 line and the 61.5 line into a sw-21 to run to 211 reciever. Worked fine!. but can only use one reciever.
Want to add a second vip211 reciever so purchased a dpp 33 switch to output to both tv's. When I inputed the 500 line and the 61.5 line into the dp33, I was only able to see sats 110 and 61.5. What would I have to do to get the 119 sat input. Is there anyway I can get both 110 and 119 to the dpp33 from the Dish 500? I would prefer not to have to run a second cable through 200 ft of wooded area unless absolutely necessary. Thanks for the help!
Is your Quad a Dish Pro (DP) or a legacy? Are you using a SW-21 or a DP21 you can't mix equipment types.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts