need some help w/501

Rand

Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
Thank you, I am not a technical disaster, but I just need some help, OK I have a 3 room system with a 522 for 2 rooms and a 501 for the bedroom. The rooms running on the 522 are fine but the room on the 501 is not getting all the channels. Channels 110,112,114,116,130,122,140, as well as some others. I am getting the 002 error message which lists the Satellite 119 and the transponder 6 (for some and tr8 for others I am not getting. When I check my signel strength for those, I get over a 100. I have 2 dishes outside but I believe one is just for the locals by the direction it is pointed. Another thing the 501 does is it acts like it tries to download the programming and gets about 3/4 of the way through and stops.
Now to get the wife off my back because she is not getting the food network in the bedroom I tried to switch the slave off the 522 to the bedroom but that didn't work either. Oh well, any help is greatly appreciated and I am here all day checking back,
I did try dish tech help where they checked the software version and switch check, reciever reset etc, and nothing worked. I still get the majority of channels fine.
Rand

Those transponders sounds like the same ones others were having issues with in which a 119 lnbf swap fixed the problem. Do you have a Dish 500 twin for 110/119 and another dish for 129 or do you have a SuperDish? Have you tried swapping the rooms that the receivers were in to see what kind of result you would get? If you do not have a DPP twin (but a DP-34 switch instead) then you would only have one wire in the room where the 501 is in to connect to the 522. If you do have a DPP twin with the separator in the room where the 522 is then you can take that seperator in the room where the 501 is and hookup the 522 there and see if you get the same results with the 522 in there. If you have a DP-34 then that would mean that you would have two wires run into the room where the 522 is.

Those transponders sounds like the same ones others were having issues with in which a 119 lnbf swap fixed the problem. Do you have a Dish 500 twin for 110/119 and another dish for 129 or do you have a SuperDish? Have you tried swapping the rooms that the receivers were in to see what kind of result you would get? If you do not have a DPP twin (but a DP-34 switch instead) then you would only have one wire in the room where the 501 is in to connect to the 522. If you do have a DPP twin with the separator in the room where the 522 is then you can take that seperator in the room where the 501 is and hookup the 522 there and see if you get the same results with the 522 in there. If you have a DP-34 then that would mean that you would have two wires run into the room where the 522 is.

Thanks Stargazer, I have the 500 twin.
I am guessing the lnbf is the part on the arm extending out from the dish. I got the 522 working in the bedroom so thats telling me it is not the cable itself. I am now going to hook up the 501 in the other room where the 522 slave was. Thanks for the help so far. Please check back (please,please)
Rand

OK I used a different cable coming in off the dish and still have the same problem. So one thing I could do is set up the old dish 300 in the yard and check the receiver with that. Should tell me if the problem is the receiver or out at the dish 500? Any other suggestions?
Rand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)