need some help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

folknerk9

Original poster
May 27, 2008
i just added a dp-34 switch to allow me to add another room. i have a dish 1000 using a daul dish pro plus lnb and a single lnb which i believe picks up my hd channels. i ran both 110 and 119 to the dp-34 switch and the single lnb to port 3 on dp-34. used reciever port 1 for the my hd reciever and additional recievers to the 2 and 3. i then went one reciever at a time and added the swtich which worked great and it recognizes the dp-34. everything works fine but as always there is one problem. i am not getting sat 110 for some reason. when i run a system check it shows a red x in 110 and therefore i am missing several channels. any suggestions? have i wired something wrong or bad cable connection ? any help very appreciated. thanks

What receivers are you trying to use? Any of those dual tuner? If so remember you can't use a DPP Separator with DP equipment. I don't have too much experience with DP equipment, but I'm sure other will chime in on using a DP switch with DPP LNBs

my dish setup is the same, I have a 501 and 508 plus a 622, both inputs on the 622 need two feeds from the switch, for tuner 1 and 2 inputs. If you had a DPP44 or 34 switch you could use your seperator with one feed from the switch. A dish 1000.2 has 3 outputs with a dpp switch built in.

if your using a DP34 switch you need to run the 129 lnb to port three on the DP34 switch

connect the DP34 switch like this

119 port 1
110 port 2
129 port 3
switches tend to like 119 on port 1 and be more stable for some strange reason

if your using external switches such as the DP34 you can't use the input on the DPP lnb you have to wire directly to the switch with all lnb's

also you can cascade DP34 switches if you need more runs for receivers

i don't think use can use seperaters on the DP34 but you definately can with the DPP44 or the 1000.2 dish

Last edited:
if my dp-34 switch was bad would it not do anything or could it still combine the sat 119 and single lnb but not the 110 sat ? if i have a bad cable connection running from the 110 sat could that be causing no sat signal ?

also on my dpp dual which port is the 110 and which is the 119. i do have the single lnb running straight to port 3 on dp-34

Although i have seen it working fine, I would not recommend using a DPPTwin with a 34 switch. Like I said, it usually works fine (not sure for how long) but by the specs, should not be used with any DP switch. If you want to continue trying to use it, Port 1 is 119, Port 2 is 110. The Ext LNB Port is disabled when hooked up to a switch. You should be able to pick up either a DishPro Twin or 2 DP Duals from one of the Gold sponsers on this site (I would try dishstore.net first, although they seem to be down right now).

how about using a dp quad with the dp-34 will that work instead of the twin

a DP Quad would work just fine. Run 2 wires: one from port 1 and one from port 2 of the DP Quad to Port 1 and Port 2 of the 34 switch. You still have to run a separate line from the DP Dual for the 129 to port 3 of the 34 switch. A DP Quad into a DP34 is more reliable than a DPP Twin into a DP 34 switch.

all of your problems would be better solved if you would tells us the model numbers of all of the recievers you are trying to connect.

I suspect that you might be using a dual tuner with a separator which WILL NOT work with a DP 34 switch.

thanks to everyone who helped me. i am up and runnig perfectly, problem was i was using the dp plus dual lnb which isnt compatible with the dp-34. i switched to the dp quad and worked perfect. also u were right the problem i had with one reciever was it was a dual with a splitter so it would not work. i have ordered a regular single reciever from dish network and will be in business in all rooms thanks again !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)