Need Some Info....

SBacklin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 7, 2008
Hey everyone. New to these forums. I am currently with D* but, am wanting to leave and am considering moving to E*. I live in Seattle, WA and my zip is 98106. Can someone tell me what orbital slots do I need to have view of to get SD & HD programming? I'm not a sports fan so I'm not too worried about that part. What dish is required and would they install it on a tripod? I've been searching the net and can't seem to get a straight answer. I'm also getting conflicting info. Can anyone here help me out? Thanks. =)

I also live in Seattle and made the switch to E* about a year ago. You will need two dishes. One gets 110 and 119 and the slightly bigger one gets 129 where most of the HD is. This may change when the 129 sat is replaced with a better one, as it would be nice to only have one dish that gets them all.

I put in a 4x4 post and they mounted both dishes on it, as they both need to be close to each other. Then the cable runs underground in a trench (only needs to be a few inches deep) that I dug.

There is a website dishpointer.com that helped me pick the right location for the post. Good luck. -Ken

I also live in Seattle and made the switch to E* about a year ago. You will need two dishes. One gets 110 and 119 and the slightly bigger one gets 129 where most of the HD is. This may change when the 129 sat is replaced with a better one, as it would be nice to only have one dish that gets them all.

I put in a 4x4 post and they mounted both dishes on it, as they both need to be close to each other. Then the cable runs underground in a trench (only needs to be a few inches deep) that I dug.

There is a website dishpointer.com that helped me pick the right location for the post. Good luck. -Ken
Well, that sucks. LOL. Two dishes is out of the question for me. I've been trying to find solid info. I get told different things by different people. I also heard that 61.5 is basically identical to 129 in terms of what the sat offers. But if I have to have a second dish for 129 then, I will not come to E*. Damn, lol, what a shame. Anyone else is free to chime in.

I thought they had a dish that got 110, 119, and 129. I thought you only needed two dishes for 110, 119, and 61.5. But what's with all the objections to two dishes anyway? I've never understood that.

I thought they had a dish that got 110, 119, and 129. I thought you only needed two dishes for 110, 119, and 61.5. But what's with all the objections to two dishes anyway? I've never understood that.
I'm kind of limited on room plus my current dish with D* is on a tripod...I can't have dishes attached to the building.

So does anyone know if when the 129 is replaced with a stronger sat, will west coast people be able to use one dish? And will that be considered the "western arc" 110, 119 & 129 or is that something else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)