Need some information on Dish satellites

2vagabonds

Original poster
Apr 9, 2018
Massachusetts
I currently have a Winegard Road Trip Mission with Direct TV. I want to switch to Dish for a number of reasons.
With my current satellite dish, what Dish satellites can I receive in the Northeast? Do I use Hybrid settings in Northeast and then change when I go south?
If I install a Winegard Traveler, again the same same question. What Dish satellites will I receive in Northeast?
Thank you

If my aging memory is still working at all, I seem to recall that the Mission uses only the Dish western arc sats at 110, 119, and 129. The first two are receivable in all of the northeast, albeit at a pretty low elevation making trees, etc, a problem. 129 is pretty much cut off in northern Maine due to both its footprint and even lower elevation. The Winegard Trav'ler also use the western arc sats in automatic mode with the same elevation issues, but it is capable of being manually aimed individually at one or two of the eastern sats that are at a significantly higher elevation east of the Mississippi.

Reactions: HipKat
I should have added to be clear, that the Trav'ler can only manually dial in one eastern sat at a time due to the differences in LNB/sat spacing versus the western arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)