Need some instruction on how to setup our Dish while camping..

califRvers

Original poster
May 25, 2010
California
Hi!
When we had Dish Network setup in our home we didn't pay any attention to the installer, when he was done he handed us the remote and all was good.

But we just bought a ViP222k Receiver and a 1000.2 dish for our trailer. We camp somewhere different each weekend we go out.

I purchased the DishPointer app onto my Droid Eris, but I have no idea exactly the steps we take from a to z to setup our satellite TV each time we arrive at a campground.

Can someone give me the instructions we need to align, setup and use the information that the DishPointer app gives us?

Sorry if this sounds so simple, but I really have no idea where to start other than the basics, power on, cables attached, etc..

Thanks in advance for any instructions!
Julie :)

First thing you need to do is see if your camper has an outside "Cable" or "Satellite" outlet. There is a big difference. If it is a Cable outlet, chances are there is a splitter in-line somewhere, (usually behind the wall plate where your antenna booster is). You need to get that out of the system before sat will work inside. This can drive you crazy when trying to set up your dish. If you have a Sat hookup, then there won't be any splitters. Get a good tri-pod for the dish and make sure it is exactly plumb and level. Anchor it down good to keep it from moving. They are available at Radio Shack I think.

If you have a 1000.2 dish, it's as easy as hooking a RG6 line to port 1,2, or 3 on the LNB, tune dish, run line to sat outlet on trailer, hook receiver up inside with separator. Run check switch, watch TV!

We are going to be modifying the coax lines so that were able to bypass the antenna booster, that part we understand.

What we are unsure of is after we plug everything into the correct places bypassing the booster...we use DishPointer to calculate the position the dish should be pointed, LOS, etc...

Then what do we do with the info the DishPointer gives us, skew, etc..do we need any other equipment in order to align the dish correctly?

We are going to be modifying the coax lines so that were able to bypass the antenna booster, that part we understand.

What we are unsure of is after we plug everything into the correct places bypassing the booster...we use DishPointer to calculate the position the dish should be pointed, LOS, etc...

Then what do we do with the info the DishPointer gives us, skew, etc..do we need any other equipment in order to align the dish correctly?

Easy Satellite Dish Pointing | DishPointer.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)