Need Step by Step on 622 to hook up second receiver

mikenewy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Hi, old voomer here that has gone charlie to get my HD fix. I have great HD on the tv1, but don't know how to hook up second receiver. I have a DPP44, and a bunch of seperators, but can't get anything on tv 2. Can anyone help on how to send the signal back using the one cable system? Thanks in advance,

Mikenewy

If you want HD on TV2, you'll need a VIP 211 receiver for that TV. The 622 onlysupports HD on TV1.

Do you mean you want to hook-up TV2 from the 622 (you can run a separate coax from the RF output to TV2 or your whole-house system, or diplex the RF into/out of the sat. cable) or do you mean an additional sat. receiver? As rapbanker said, in any case the 622's TV2 output via either the composite or RF connections is only SD or downconverted HD.

Thanks Behlms,

I know its SD from the second tv output, but that's the instructions I need. Wanted to run to the whole house from the 621 tv2. I have a dpp44 sending the signal to all tv's but how do I send it back through the sat cable to the whole house? I prefer not to have to run a second cable from the 621.

mikenewy said:
Thanks Behlms,

I know its SD from the second tv output, but that's the instructions I need. Wanted to run to the whole house from the 621 tv2. I have a dpp44 sending the signal to all tv's but how do I send it back through the sat cable to the whole house? I prefer not to have to run a second cable from the 621.

Say What :rolleyes:

622 output for tv2: How do you utilize the same cable that connects the dish to tv1, to connect other tv's throughout the house. I think seperators are involved to send tv2 signal back to the DPP44, but I can't figure out how to do it?

mikenewy said:
622 output for tv2: How do you utilize the same cable that connects the dish to tv1, to connect other tv's throughout the house.

With Diplexers (two of them) $15-$20 each

mikenewy said:
I think seperators are involved to send tv2 signal back to the DPP44, but I can't figure out how to do it?

The DPP44 switch has nothing to do with sending the TV2 output to other TV's in your house.

Once you get the TV2 feed diplexed out from your satellite feed, you then need to:

1) run it into your existing whole house cable wiring (if you have it)....

2) run a seperate cable to each TV you want to see TV2 and combine them using a multi input distribution amp or splitter(s).

mikenewy said:
Thanks Behlms,

I think this is the wiring diagram you are looking for

http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishnetwork/DISH_Pro-DISH_Pro_Plus_Diagrams/DistributionExample2.pdf

or this one it has the 44 in the diagram

http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishnetwork/DISH_Pro-DISH_Pro_Plus_Diagrams/DistributionExample9.pdf

or just look at this whole page it has alot of good reading for you
http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishpro_installation.asp

Jordan

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)