Need to add a receiver

cal_dood

Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
NH
Hi,

Long time lurker - first time poster. I've been a DishNetwork customer since May last year and have a 722 hooked up to HD on 1st floor & SD on the 2nd floor. Now I need to add a third TV (which should be able to watch programming independent from what is being watched on TV1 & TV2). I haven't called Dish yet - but wanted to figure out what are my best options.

1. Can I install a receiver on my own ? I have 2 dishes installed on the roof and I do not have access to the dish.

2. Will I have to renew my contract for further 24 months if I get a new receiver added?

3. Is there anyway to get this done free? ;)

Thanks,

cal_dood

If you buy the rcvr no you don't have to up the contract for another 24 months, if you lease it, yes.

And most likely they will send someone out to do it.

Slim chance of getting it done for free, you're looking at about $50 w/contract.

I have a Dish 500. Where would the switch be?

I apologize I may not have answers to basic questions - is there a wiki or something I can read before I can ask not so dumb questions - where I can find details about the different components of the installtion - LNBF/switch etc.

It is still not exactly clear what yourr dish setup is.

Press menu 6-1-3 and section h should list your dish devices (switches and lnb's).

If there is no switch listed then you probably have a Dish 500 with a wing dish.

The D500 can feed two tuners and both lines from your D500 go to your 722 and you will probably need the Dish changed out for a Dish 1000.4 (eastern arc dish) which can feed up to three dual tuner receivers.

Are there two cables coming in the house to your 722 or is it one cable with a diplexer (seperator)?

Hi,

This is what section h says

"DPP Twin, Twin(1), Twin(2), Dual(3)"

Does this tell you if I have a switch?

I have 2 cables coming into the box - one of them is hooked straight to the 722 ( the home distribution jack) , the other one has a separator at the end and the
two wire from the separator go into the Satellite Input 1 & 2.

Thanks for all your help!

It is still not exactly clear what yourr dish setup is.

Press menu 6-1-3 and section h should list your dish devices (switches and lnb's).

If there is no switch listed then you probably have a Dish 500 with a wing dish.

The D500 can feed two tuners and both lines from your D500 go to your 722 and you will probably need the Dish changed out for a Dish 1000.4 (eastern arc dish) which can feed up to three dual tuner receivers.

Are there two cables coming in the house to your 722 or is it one cable with a diplexer (seperator)?

If you can view more than one satellite, you have a switch. Yours is integrated with the 110 and 119 LNBs in the DPP Twin.

1. Since you don't have access to the dish, you will need an installer to get to the open output port on the DPP Twin and run a line of RG6 to the new receiver.

2. Yes, 24-month commitment unless you buy.

3. Log in to your account on dishnetwork.com then go to dish'n it up to see the terms available to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts