Need to know what to buy

imthepcguy

Sep 25, 2006
Hi all,

I have the Dish 311 receiver for my RV to be able to watch TV during camping and this reciever is for my paid for subscription. I need to know what kind of dish,lnb etc...setup I need to make this work.

The 311 will work with any dish made for Dish Network.. To properly answer this we would need to know what you are going to use it for.. But the short answer I would give is to Use the Dish 500 with a Dish Pro Twin LNBF.. It gives the most channels with a fairly easy setup when used on a tripod. The bigger dishes can be used but become more difficult to line up on the fly.

Ok I am not sure how to answer this but here it goes, I have the 311 Receiver and I am going to use for my tv source at the campground in my RV. I know that I must capture Two birds 110 & 119.

The Dish 311 receiver is a single tuner with one Coax port. What dish/LNB/Switches if needed do I have to get to accomplish this?

I hope this details it a bit further, and I hope I am not confusing myself or making more out of this than needs to be.

Thank You again for replying in the first place...

Bob

Here's another way of asking the question, what DEsQ switch or other type of switch is compatible with the Dish Network 311 receiver?

Maybe this is what I need to know since I have a Dish 500 with LNB's that do not have the switch built in...

Thank you again for the help, I realized that my LNB was not a Dual it is a Twin 1 for the 110 bird and the other for the 119 bird. Had to get my terminology and thnking right, I ordered the dp21 switch from ebay for my setup and all will be well.

Thanks again
Bob

imthepcguy said:
Thank you again for the help, I realized that my LNB was not a Dual it is a Twin 1 for the 110 bird and the other for the 119 bird. Had to get my terminology and thnking right, I ordered the dp21 switch from ebay for my setup and all will be well.

Thanks again
Bob

With the new information you have supplied about having a twin and not dual LNBF's, the information we have given you is incorrect.

You will not require any external switch as the twin already has a switch built in.

Just take your cable from the twin and directly to receiver. Good luck.

Except that it sounds like he's saying he has 2 Twins, which is not possible on one dish. Check out these pictures to see the difference between a Dish500 with a Twin or 2 Duals. The pics are legacy but it holds true for DishPro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)